Are the New Mexico hunt codes messed up?

The only strange thing I noticed when I applied was a hunt that had two codes for the same hunt. I couldn't find anything to suggest it was different like youth only or disabled either. It was the same unit, same dates, same quota, just two different hunt codes.

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Hunt codes are typically the same year after year (with possibly a few exceptions) but with the rule change cycle almost all codes are different. Always best to use the most current rules.

The link you listed is for last season's Big Game brochure. The current Big Game hunt codes from the 2023-2024 brochure match up to what I am seeing online.

The only strange thing I noticed when I applied was a hunt that had two codes for the same hunt. I couldn't find anything to suggest it was different like youth only or disabled either. It was the same unit, same dates, same quota, just two different hunt codes.
I noticed that as well but once you click into both of them you will notice one of the hunt codes says something along the lines of "private land only"

OP
Dos Perros
We get our bonuses in March, and then with tax stuff there seems to be bigger transactions flying around. And then on top of that we have a family vacay coming up (plane tickets, VRBO, car/boat rental etc). No one has any idea what the steady state finances are. So, great time to send in a spendy app. I doubt she'll even notice! On the off chance she does, she knows it's temporary and I'm going to spend the next few months bitching about never drawing anything.

I noticed that as well but once you click into both of them you will notice one of the hunt codes says something along the lines of "private land only"
Just logged into my NM account and looked at this, I see what you are saying now. However, when cross referencing it with this year's regs the hunt code for the private land only hunt isn't even listed for the unit, so the only way you would know that the private land only hunt even existed is if you selected it as your choice on your application and saw the drop down text that says private land only, which I didn't do. I just selected the hunt code that was in the regs which is good because I don't own any private land in NM. Good to know for the future though, thanks.

fmyth

WKR
NM's website is a POS. It took me over an hour to checkout. Don't wait til 4:45pm to try to get your application in.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
NMGF and their website made me work really hard for the annual donation, but they finally let me select the correct hunts and pay the permit fee.

Need to make a mental note to not wait until the last day.

OP
Dos Perros
If any of you are computer people I'd be game to partner to be a contractor to the various F&G departments. Basically administer the draw, turnkey solution.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Just logged into my NM account and looked at this, I see what you are saying now. However, when cross referencing it with this year's regs the hunt code for the private land only hunt isn't even listed for the unit, so the only way you would know that the private land only hunt even existed is if you selected it as your choice on your application and saw the drop down text that says private land only, which I didn't do. I just selected the hunt code that was in the regs which is good because I don't own any private land in NM. Good to know for the future though, thanks.
That's what I did too. If thats the case I feel like there will be some folks getting private land tags by accident

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk