New Mexico Record Bull/BOAL

I went down a rabbit hole looking at the info of this ranch.

Thought this was a little odd. It's owned by American Express Clothing company. The guy who killed it is the owner of that company's son. Definitely wish my dad could buy me a ranch to kill giant bulls on 😂

Also, the ranch is for sale now. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but this bull is a pretty solid advertisement.

Cool bull though.

Sako300

WKR
Not a E Plus ranch either. Any sheds from this bull? Definitely added some attention to the sale of the property.

It's good to know monster bull like that are still around!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MtnTX12

FNG
Insane bull. I have a video of a bull that looks similar to that one that is the rancher is supposedly going to sell a hunt for it.
$100k for the bull. That's not a typo.

OP
I

intunegp

WKR
Insane bull. I have a video of a bull that looks similar to that one that is the rancher is supposedly going to sell a hunt for it.
$100k for the bull. That's not a typo.

Even if I hit the $1.4 billion Powerball, I just don't think I'd feel the same about a bull I paid $100k for versus one I worked hard for. I think all the record books should have a column for how much the hunter paid for the hunt.

roymunson

WKR
Even if I hit the $1.4 billion Powerball, I just don't think I'd feel the same about a bull I paid $100k for versus one I worked hard for. I think all the record books should have a column for how much the hunter paid for the hunt.
you know often times they're just paying that to get into an area with bulls of that caliber. Often times they hunt just as hard as the superior, snooty public land hunters. They just pay to get into an area where giants exist.

hating on those with disposable income is childish. And usually jealousy speaking

OP
I

intunegp

WKR
you know often times they're just paying that to get into an area with bulls of that caliber. Often times they hunt just as hard as the superior, snooty public land hunters. They just pay to get into an area where giants exist.

hating on those with disposable income is childish. And usually jealousy speaking

I don't feel that's the case when a rancher has one particular giant on trail camera and is selling access for a chance to him though...that sounds like selling someone a bull.

No hate from me, not sure if or how you interpreted it that way. More power to them, and hell I wish I was one of them. Jealous? Sure, but I'm not mad that others have it and I don't. Who doesn't wish they had $100k to throw at a hunt? I wish I had the kind of money to allow me to think about spending $100k on anything. I think that's a little beyond the "disposable income" bracket.

I've met far more superior and snooty wealthy people than public land hunters.

KHNC

WKR
CoryElk1.jpg

Get you a NW Nebraska bull tag and i can put you on 360+ bull for less than 10k. This one was this past weekend. It was roughly 377" . I filmed a 380+ in 2021 from 40 yds from a whitetail tree stand on the same property. It was killed the week after I left. Residents only tag. This is a buddy of mine hunting on a LO tag for the area. Truck pic is t he 380+ bull from 2021. NEelk1.jpg

roymunson

WKR
I don't feel that's the case when a rancher has one particular giant on trail camera and is selling access for a chance to him though...that sounds like selling someone a bull.

No hate from me, not sure if or how you interpreted it that way. More power to them, and hell I wish I was one of them. Jealous? Sure, but I'm not mad that others have it and I don't. Who doesn't wish they had $100k to throw at a hunt? I wish I had the kind of money to allow me to think about spending $100k on anything. I think that's a little beyond the "disposable income" bracket.

I've met far more superior and snooty wealthy people than public land hunters.
all good, it sounded self righteous, but maybe I read it wrong.

I am not there either, but I can see how folks find a way if it's important.

I get a kick out of how superior the "only public land" guys think they are. Some are. Some get a public land boner for themselves is all im saying

Beendare

WKR
I think 436 1/8" qualifies as 437-ish in most people's books. I gotta say though if I shot one anywhere near this big I don't think I'd feel the need to round up when talking about it's score.
For the record….that 437 was just my inaccurate recollection from pics someone texted me, I didn’t mean to imply the hunter was exaggerating the Score by 7/8”

Maverick1

WKR
How many are up for a rokslide group buy?
A group buy? Sure thing! This is the best idea of the year. We could just start a fund to purchase the ranch (like the swaros for that one kid….how’d that turn out?!….). And once we have enough owners and owners that are interested in hunting said property, we could get landowner tags from the state, and then either auction off those landowner tags, sell preference points, or sell bonus points!!! We could create our own little Ponzi scheme for the elk tags….not like that has ever happened before!

So if you own a ranch like that do you actually put camo on to hunt or just go out in your jammies and kill him.
Just curious.......:rolleyes:

Sako300

WKR
So if you own a ranch like that do you actually put camo on to hunt or just go out in your jammies and kill him.
Just curious.......:rolleyes:
You walk outside to the large coral where it was dropped off and shoot it and then pose for pics afterwards? Had this ranch offered any high quality elk hunts in the past. I get it was the ranchers son, but ironic for a bull of this caliber killed on a ranch posted for $20 million. Show some more pics of bulls killed there in the past. Pics of this bull from previous seasons and some sheds of this bull for potential buyers!

Well, the new trophy isn't posted up on the for sale add, yet.
There is a picture of a respcetable 6x7 on a wall.

$20M for 23k deeded plus 16k leased ... $1K/acre is pretty good with that kind of water development.
Improvements are limited to "forman's home" and real cattle (rhymes with Datil) ranching stuff.

Looks like there's rail service too and maybe Jody Foster will stop by.