Are we at war ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your perspective. Due to work travel and play I think I've been to 40ish or so states. Blue ones, red ones, rural areas, big cities, rich places, and dumpy ones. Everywhere I've been in our country I've always been met with nothing but kindness.. California? Nice people. Texas? Nice people. Wyoming, Florida, doesn't matter. There's certainly some a-holes mixed in throughout, but overall we've still got a pretty good thing going. Yes the place is run by a band of misfits but for the mostpart people just want to live and let live. The fact that we operate such a diverse country as well as we do is pretty amazing.

Turn on the news and it's as if the whole place is on fire. It's really not true. Should we always be vigilant? Certainly.
Nice to see that someone else on here is actually in touch with reality

fshaw

WKR
I appreciate your perspective. Due to work travel and play I think I've been to 40ish or so states. Blue ones, red ones, rural areas, big cities, rich places, and dumpy ones. Everywhere I've been in our country I've always been met with nothing but kindness.. California? Nice people. Texas? Nice people. Wyoming, Florida, doesn't matter. There's certainly some a-holes mixed in throughout, but overall we've still got a pretty good thing going. Yes the place is run by a band of misfits but for the mostpart people just want to live and let live. The fact that we operate such a diverse country as well as we do is pretty amazing.

Turn on the news and it's as if the whole place is on fire. It's really not true. Should we always be vigilant? Certainly.
About 6 years ago my wife and I flew our 1956 Cessna 172 from the Adirondacks to Southern California and back. We took 25 days, enjoyed ourselves and purposefully avoided all news for the entire trip. We flew down to Kentucky, through Arkansas, Kansas, New Mexico (landed in Roswell), to Santa Monica, up the pacific coast to Portland, into the Idaho backcountry (Johnson Creek), through Indiana, on to Bar Harbor, Maine and finally back home. We landed in red, blue and purple states, near cities and in some pretty desolate locations. Had the same experience as Hunt1up, great people, kind and gracious, eager to help strangers and just going about their lives. Americans. No one looked to see if they could label us as an enemy because of our political views, because we didn’t discuss them. There were too many other things to talk about. During a career in the Navy I lived on both coasts and drove across country 4 times moving coast, to coast, to coast, to coast and traveled a lot up and down both coasts. I met a lot of good Americans every where we went. No one was an enemy, or a communist, or a fascist. There are some bad people out there, but there are way more good people. There there are some bad things happening in America, but there is more good happening, done by good Americans of all beliefs and lifestyles, than we have any idea of. Don’t let the media, social or mainstream, left biased or right biased make you put on shite colored glasses to view the world through. Life is way too short, and way too precious to let that happen.

One man’s opinion.

About 6 years ago my wife and I flew our 1956 Cessna 172 from the Adirondacks to Southern California and back. We took 25 days, enjoyed ourselves and purposefully avoided all news for the entire trip. We flew down to Kentucky, through Arkansas, Kansas, New Mexico (landed in Roswell), to Santa Monica, up the pacific coast to Portland, into the Idaho backcountry (Johnson Creek), through Indiana, on to Bar Harbor, Maine and finally back home. We landed in red, blue and purple states, near cities and in some pretty desolate locations. Had the same experience as Hunt1up, great people, kind and gracious, eager to help strangers and just going about their lives. Americans. No one looked to see if they could label us as an enemy because of our political views, because we didn’t discuss them. There were too many other things to talk about. During a career in the Navy I lived on both coasts and drove across country 4 times moving coast, to coast, to coast, to coast and traveled a lot up and down both coasts. I met a lot of good Americans every where we went. No one was an enemy, or a communist, or a fascist. There are some bad people out there, but there are way more good people. There there are some bad things happening in America, but there is more good happening, done by good Americans of all beliefs and lifestyles, than we have any idea of. Don’t let the media, social or mainstream, left biased or right biased make you put on shite colored glasses to view the world through. Life is way too short, and way too precious to let that happen.

One man’s opinion.

Did you land and have your little peaceful picnic in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Baltimore , Chicago , Portland ,ST. Lois, LA?

Just asking because those are the places that are solidly ruining our country.

Thinking the problem doesn’t exist is just being naive friend.

schmalzy

WKR
Did you land and have your little peaceful picnic in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Baltimore , Chicago , Portland ,ST. Lois, LA?

Not being a smartass but he wrote that he stopped in both Portland and Santa Monica (LA).

Nowhere in any of these posts do I read someone saying there aren’t things amuck, but that the US isnt a complete cesspool overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fshaw

WKR

Maybe you’re right, “Life sucks and then you die.” I choose not to live that way, and I’m certainly not naive. Friend.

Last edited:

Oldbuff

FNG
A declared state of war is one that is clearly defined. Though I can't say for sure, we are not in a time of peace, we are not at war.

fshaw

WKR
Santa Monica airport is 7 miles from LA International. I took off from a 3,000’ grass runway in North Creek, NY., about 100 miles south of the Canadian border. Flying across the L.A. basin in a 60 year old single engine airplane to land at Santa Monica airport was the most stressful thing I’ve ever done.

Santa Monica airport is 7 miles from LA International........ Flying across the L.A. basin in a 60 year old single engine airplane to land at Santa Monica airport was the most stressful thing I’ve ever done.
Speaking of stressful flights near LA, have you heard/ seen the ATC recording / flight aware data for N711CB at SBP from 12-18-23? Holy crap!

*zap*

WKR
A large group of Muslims gathered at the 9/11 site in NYC recently and chanted Allah akbar. How is that for 'not at war'?

MattB

WKR

How much time have you spent in the places you listed?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Lotta people living with their heads stuck in the sand...damn.

Pathetic.
One could also say a lotta people living with their heads stuck in the sceptic tank, which is why they think everything is a cesspool.

Most Americans, right, left, or center, have no idea what repression looks like, yet many of them think they are repressed. It is similar to the years I spent trying not to aggravate a tendon issue in my foot and lower back pain because I did not want them to get worse, finally I said "**** it, I'm done living like a cripple for fear of becoming a cripple." Some people live under the stress of repression, for fear of it. I've been guilty of it myself, but "**** it" can be liberating and suddenly one sees that things are not quite so dark.

*zap*

WKR
I am not afraid of the dark......and I will say that it is fairly dark in the usa right now, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.