Argali Rincon 2P 7 Days in the High(ish) Country

I will keep my words short and the pics as relevent as possible...

I got the Rincon 2P from Argali this past January. I set it up a few times in the yard to get the pitch right but did not use it until August.

My main goal was small size and low weight. At 1 lb, 15.8 ounces for tent, stakes, and pole, I was happy.
20230413_141823.jpg
The tent and stakes in the bag are a bit smaller than a nalgene bottle for reference. It could be smaller but I did not find that necessary.

I went to Colorado to scout for my archery trip. I used an assortment of standard hunting and backpacking equipment that will be covered elsewhere. Plenty of tie down points.

For reference, the sleeping pad is 25 wide and 72 long. I am 5'11" and fit just fine. I seam sealed it (poorly) and it held fine. There was condensation one night as the humidity was high, the ground was wet, and it rained for several hours. This caused a spattering of condensation when the giant raindrops hit the tent. It was enough to wake me up when it hit my face but I just covered my head and went to sleep. My bag is dry down filled so it handled it like a champ.The stakes have held up to rocks as hammers. I did break one loop on a stake when I hit it with the rock. The pole is light enough that I would just rather carry a device made to support than cut a branch or give up my hiking poles.

I will answer any questions you may have.

Photo Dump...

P1080757.JPG

P1080741.JPGP1080753.JPG
P1080747.JPG
P1080760.JPG
P1080751.JPG

Hi and thanks for the write up. Which part of the stake loop did you break? Was it the sewn in loop, the plastic line tensioner or the line itself ? Thanks

OP
bruceleroy
Any plans to buy the insert?
Probably not. I like the weight and footprint as is. Adding another pound is not a deal breaker but I packed for roughly 7 days in a MR Sawtooth 45 (2735 cu in) with lid (700 cu in) for a total of 3400ish cu in. It was tight!
In the future I may even go smaller and lighter with the Owyhee.

Probably not. I like the weight and footprint as is. Adding another pound is not a deal breaker but I packed for roughly 7 days in a MR Sawtooth 45 (2735 cu in) with lid (700 cu in) for a total of 3400ish cu in. It was tight!
In the future I may even go smaller and lighter with the Owyhee.
Sorry for a bit of derail for this question.
Are you using the daypack lid with your Sawtooth?

OP
bruceleroy
Sorry for a bit of derail for this question.
Are you using the daypack lid with your Sawtooth?
I am. It is...ok. I do not like how much it flops around when not secured. It will also not flip over the top of the fram very well unless it is loose. Then it bounces a bit when you walk. If you don't use the top pocket on the packs flap then it is less of a deal. I did like how much storage it provides. If you have any questions about it let me know.

I am. It is...ok. I do not like how much it flops around when not secured. It will also not flip over the top of the fram very well unless it is loose. Then it bounces a bit when you walk. If you don't use the top pocket on the packs flap then it is less of a deal. I did like how much storage it provides. If you have any questions about it let me know.
Thanks for the input. I've been considering one but have wondered if it would make things cumbersome and not fit that great. I'm probably going to hold off on that combo for now.
I appreciate it.

Any updates on this? I've been looking hard at this. I'm thinking the rincon + bivy will serve me better into later seasons than a getting tarp + bivy setup because of the stovejack. My only hangup is that I'm 6'4" and wondering if it'll be tight even though its a 2 man.

Any updates on this? I've been looking hard at this. I'm thinking the rincon + bivy will serve me better into later seasons than a getting tarp + bivy setup because of the stovejack. My only hangup is that I'm 6'4" and wondering if it'll be tight even though its a 2 man.

It’s a palace inside at 9’ long. The half insert is 97” long, so I’d think you have plenty of room using it as a solo shelter whether going that route or a bivy.