Arizona elk

hunting1

WKR
Well, 10-points this year going so not expecting atag, but since my wife doesn't understand I had to tell someone, I put in! Good luck to you all. It has been 10-years since I last hunted there. If you are an elkaholic it is the best hunt there is, kill or not.

Now for New Mexico apps............................. :rolleyes:

Craig4791

WKR
Yup put my antelope and elk apps in on Thursday. I won't draw either but some day!

tstowater

WKR
I'm sitting on 11 points and already bought another. Looked at the tag that I was interested in and passed as it will conflict with the hunt with the tag I expect to draw in Wyoming this year. Maybe next year. Wish my dad did for me what I am for my 14 year old son. By the time he gets out of college, he will have quite a few points that will hopefully do him some good some time.

Slim Jim

WKR
I just put in mine yesterday and this is only my second year putting in for that state. I wish I would have started a long time ago. I'll probably be 50+ years old before I get a tag but better late than never

tstowater

WKR
I have 11 also. What r u guys holding out for?

I'm not holding out, but I can't draw two tags for the same time period. I figure my Wyoming tag is almost a guarantee and don't want to get caught with an AZ tag at the same time. I'm one or two points short of getting the archery tag that I would like.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I am a AZ resident and sitting on 10 points! BUT, I'm in the military and once again I'm deploying this year, so looks like adding another point to the list. Maybe next year I guess

wapitibob

WKR
I'm in with 11. Maybe a 20% chance. 9,10, and 3 are not possible at my point level and only a cpl tags from those units have gone to the 1-2 pass in the last few years. In WY also and should draw it with Special money.

tstowater

WKR
What is the "net fee" annually to start buying pionts only in AZ?

You need a license (I assume you are a nonresident) $151.25 plus $7.50 application fee/species. Do online and don't have to advance tag cost. Do at least elk, anteope (same time) and sheep and deer (together later) to reduce your per species costs. AZ is great state, but not easy to draw the really good tags. As is everywhere, there are sleepers.

tstowater

WKR
In Arizona I'm at 14 points for elk, 23 for antelope, max for deer and 23 for sheep. I'm buying points this year for everything but the sheep. I think 2014 may be the year to burn some points.

Is that enough points for the sheep? There isn't any set aside on the sheep draw, is there??