Ark sizing

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
What are you using it for and what will you carry?

I'm 5'10" and have a few old Kifaru packs (MollEx (21"), Marauder (18"), Late Season (22"), and a 24" Duplex.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
H
What are you using it for and what will you carry?

I'm 5'10" and have a few old Kifaru packs (MollEx (21"), Marauder (18"), Late Season (22"), and a 24" Duplex.

Eastern whitetail. It will only be for day hunting, but I hunt in hilly country, and it will be easier to pack out rather than drag. I'm thinking either a hellbender or a maniml.

I'm 5'8", 185 lbs

bozeman

WKR
Take the time to properly measure your torso (get some help) and call Kifaru with your measurements and intended usage. I wouldn't follow blanket statements as a 22" may be exactly what you need.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Take the time to properly measure your torso (get some help) and call Kifaru with your measurements and intended usage. I wouldn't follow blanket statements as a 22" may be exactly what you need.
I've run a 22 mag a fair bit, and for day hunting or even 1-2 days out it's plenty big.

I hunt Missouri every year, we don't have to pack deer out, but I have shot camp meat does a few times, and field dressed only and packed those. 22", honestly, wouldn't be a bad match for that.

Nosey questions: how much would you break them down and how far is your furthest pack out?

OP
H
I've run a 22 mag a fair bit, and for day hunting or even 1-2 days out it's plenty big.

I hunt Missouri every year, we don't have to pack deer out, but I have shot camp meat does a few times, and field dressed only and packed those. 22", honestly, wouldn't be a bad match for that.

Nosey questions: how much would you break them down and how far is your furthest pack out?

I break down to quarters and backstraps basically. Furthest pack out would be about 1.5 miles.

It's not really the distance as much as it is the slopes. I hunt a system of ridges with deep bottoms. There is a trail that runs thru the area that is nicknamed the little Appalachia due to the terrain, if that gives you any idea.

worx53

WKR
I hunt whitetails here in the east and run a 22” frame. I run taller frames out west elk hunting.
The shorter frame works better in the thicker terrain and low hanging pines etc. and well not as comfortable packing real heavy it’s still works pretty well getting anything a mile and a half to a truck.5-9 270 pounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk