Kifaru ARK vs duplex light 26in

Base14

FNG
Any taller guys tested the ARK under heavy weight? Specifically interested how it compares to the DL 26in frame. I have a long torso and concerned the angle of the load lifters with 25in ARK.

slim9300

WKR
I’m 6’ 2” and I prefer the ARC so far to the Duplex Lite and I still love that frame. Been carrying 65# around my neighborhood for a few weeks now. Probably have 20 miles or so on it. The ARC was very simple to setup (much easier than the Duplex Lite to get dialed in). Someday soon I’ll load it up with 100# or more and see what I think.

I will say the small belt is about 1” bigger than the small Duplex Lite.

27da948813b513dc7edbec57ba759b4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

received mine today. Here’s my tall person perspective:

Comparing height between it at a 26” duplex lite
View attachment 686923

Played around with ride height and started from the top working my way down the bottom. Last I checked I was a ~20” or a bit more torso being taller at 6’7” and 250lb build. Achieved good load lifter angle putting the straps down to the bottom where I believe putting weight in it will still ride well and achieve load lift.

Shoulder straps seem to be 1” longer than the long duplex lites if we are taking the measurement from the top load lifter seam. Even with the straps bottomed out on the frame this seems to be comfortable. I wore my duplex lite with the long straps touching the top of the lumbar pad to get the same ride height. Straps are a hair wider but new foam seems to be about the same thickness and feel.

Hip belt seems to be about 1” longer and has a more cupping feeling around the front of your hips.
Midline seam seems to be about 1cm higher than the previous duplex lite. Overall feels very good.

Lumbar pad is wider and flatter. Has less of a contour comparing to the duplex lite convex shape. Very firm feel. Curious how this performs.

View attachment 686925

Laser cut molle is a woven almost plastic like material. It’s got a nice feel to it and I think it will hold up well. Med belt was 5 slots wide.

I ended up choking the k clip straps through the frame hole instead of plating with the tag ends for my Styker XL. I’ll have to use the tag ends for my Dall. No issues with either really.

View attachment 686926

Now to decide if I sell a near new duplex lite training pack and run just the arc for everything. Time will tell.

Hey if you need anything specific asked or looked at comparing the two just shout.

@Base14 i decided i am going to stick with my duplex lite for the same concerns you have. Nothing wrong with the old duplex lite. The belts are interchangeable, lumbar pads are not. I hope they change the foam in the future for better wearing.

OP
B

Base14

FNG
What was the main reason? Was there a noticeable difference between the frame heights?

IMG_6252.jpeg

For me and my height/torso length I wanted the most load lift possible. I loaded 50lbs into the ark and the load lifter angle wasn’t sufficient. I knew it only gets worse the more weight I pile in. I have more flexibility and adjustment with the duplex lite with the taller frame. If I was shorter this would not be an issue but the ark is maxed out

JNDEER

WKR
View attachment 688178

For me and my height/torso length I wanted the most load lift possible. I loaded 50lbs into the ark and the load lifter angle wasn’t sufficient. I knew it only gets worse the more weight I pile in. I have more flexibility and adjustment with the duplex lite with the taller frame. If I was shorter this would not be an issue but the ark is maxed out

Can the lumbar pad on the ARK fit on the DL? Did you find it more comfortable?

Hip belt does, but the lumbar pad does not.
I felt like it doesn’t contour like the duplex lite does IMO. I only tested with 50lb and saw the load lifter angle for me wasn’t sufficient.

Dschwan

WKR
I’m 6’ 2” and I prefer the ARC so far to the Duplex Lite and I still love that frame. Been carrying 65# around my neighborhood for a few weeks now. Probably have 20 miles or so on it. The ARC was very simple to setup (much easier than the Duplex Lite to get dialed in). Someday soon I’ll load it up with 100# or more and see what I think.

I will say the small belt is about 1” bigger than the small Duplex Lite.

27da948813b513dc7edbec57ba759b4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
does the ARK have the same squeaks and creaks like the duplex?