Arken optics - parallax adjustment “clicks”

Scottyboy

WKR
Does anyone have an Arken scope, particularly a EPL-4? If so, I was curious how your parallax adjust is; ie smooth? Mine is making audible clicks similar to the elevation turret as you spin it. I’ve never had a scope parallax adjust make “clicks” before..usually it’s a smooth and quiet operation. Not so much with this scope, wondering if I got a dud or if this is the design of the scope.

Ps: yes I didn email Arken and am waiting to hear back..

Hagas4all

FNG
Does anyone have an Arken scope, particularly a EPL-4? If so, I was curious how your parallax adjust is; ie smooth? Mine is making audible clicks similar to the elevation turret as you spin it. I’ve never had a scope parallax adjust make “clicks” before..usually it’s a smooth and quiet operation. Not so much with this scope, wondering if I got a dud or if this is the design of the scope.

Ps: yes I didn email Arken and am waiting to hear back..
I just got an elp4 and would say high probability your moving the illumination as I had the same thing happen.

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
I just got an elp4 and would say high probability your moving the illumination as I had the same thing happen.
Nope. Illumination is a noticeable “thump” when moved, my “clicks” happen throughout the parallax range and are similar to the elevation turret.

If I remove the scope from my rings it acts as I would expect (smooth..no noise), if I tighten them anything more than 1 in-lb the noise/rough adjustments start happening. If I tighten to the advertised spec it’s barely moveable. If i could post a video I would, but it appears this is a lemon and I’m hoping to hear back from Arken to send it back.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Nope. Illumination is a noticeable “thump” when moved, my “clicks” happen throughout the parallax range and are similar to the elevation turret.

If I remove the scope from my rings it acts as I would expect (smooth..no noise), if I tighten them anything more than 1 in-lb the noise/rough adjustments start happening. If I tighten to the advertised spec it’s barely moveable. If i could post a video I would, but it appears this is a lemon and I’m hoping to hear back from Arken to send it back.
Woah. Just for curiosity sake, clamp in a soft jaw vise and see if you're moving the zero with that knob somehow. If it sounds like turret clicks, that's probably what it is.

No matter what it sounds like your scope was not assembled correctly. Clampforce on the scope should not impact anything at all.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well. That’s the problem once you add scope rings. Rings can mess up prralax mechanism. Return it to Arken.

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
Well. That’s the problem once you add scope rings. Rings can mess up prralax mechanism. Return it to Arken.
I get that, but if I just tighten the screws to 1 in-lbs you will hear the same thing. It’s surprising how little torque is applied before this thing shits out. How it’s even possible when literally no pressure/force is being applied (I can spin the scope in the rings loose) I guess I am failing to comprehend. But yes, back to Arken if they will ever respond to me 😉

JGRaider

WKR
I've got two EP4's, my son has 2 as well. Definitely not normal, as ours dont' do this even at 18"/lbs. Out of curiosity, does the parallax still work as it should anyway?

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
I've got two EP4's, my son has 2 as well. Definitely not normal, as ours dont' do this even at 18"/lbs. Out of curiosity, does the parallax still work as it should anyway?
Great question, not sure as I just unboxed/mounted for the first time and haven’t taken it outside yet. I will get out in a week or so and will see how broken it is.

Hagas4all

FNG
Great question, not sure as I just unboxed/mounted for the first time and haven’t taken it outside yet. I will get out in a week or so and will see how broken it is.
I just grabbed a second one of these and same problem as you. Should have known better.

There is a video Texas plinking just did with an Arken 44mm and he made the comment the parallel knob was making a clicking sound like the turrets….maybe the model you have ? Hope I remembered right lol 😂