• uploadfromtaptalk1377380133033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377380133033.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 294
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377380146444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377380146444.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 333

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, it was a great bear for my buddy (his first). I saw 3 total today, including a blonde sow and a chocolate boar around 250lbs (solid but not what I was looking for). I also had to lay down a little "cover fire" and score an assist and that always is fun to relieve that chronic case of itchy finger I get this time of year. We had to pack it out of a hell hole but compared to Aron's it was a cake walk. I'm going out in the AM again in search of something special.

OBP

WKR
Good luck today Triple! I'd like to hear the "cover fire" story when you get a chance. :)

Rowndy

FNG
Good stuff, I never realized WA had such an early bear season. I'm going to look into that.

Clarktar

WKR
That was a great read. I love that area you guys are in. I hopped to make it out that way this year, but it is not happening.

Go get'em!

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Aron that rifle looks pretty amazing. Can you tell us a little more about it from your experience with it? Like general accuracy, trigger, weight etc.

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Aron that rifle looks pretty amazing. Can you tell us a little more about it from your experience with it? Like general accuracy, trigger, weight etc.

The gun was a bit over 5 pounds scoped. I got plenty of opportunity to pack and shoot it. It is a blessing when packing in difficult backcountry terrain. Though I wouldn't call it a "long range" rifle, it's defiantly sub MOA with decent ammo. Aron didn't want to fly any ammo home so we shot everything up on rock faces the last day. Aron busted a couple at around 580 yards.

The rifle is certainly a niche gun, but many times I feel it's weight (or lack thereof) trumps the extra pounds of my long range set up.
Plus I told Aron we could get within bow range.