Aron Snyder and Marc Gutman's Colorado Live Hunt

Gman

WKR
Spoke to Aron. I'm not looking forward to that climb tomorrow with my share of the water. It was starting to rain pretty hard and he was hunkered down under the para tarp. I'm sure he's freezing as I'm sitting here drinking a beer and watching pre-season football. I'm all packed and have nothing to do but pull my bagel sandwiches from the freezer and throw them in my pack in the morning. One last work meeting at 8:30 am then I'm off. With the rain report I'm second guessing my choice to rely on the KUIU guide jacket as my rain gear instead of going with a hard shell. We'll see what that DWR finish is made of.

Coolers are loaded in the truck and I'll pull five 2.5 gallon jugs of water from the chest freezer in the AM.

Loaded my happy kit - clean clothes, extra food, gatorades, etc.

I don't really know what else to do. I've been prepping for the season for months so not much to do now. One of the things I love about backpack hunting is that little touch of uneasiness I feel as I walk away from the truck with everything on my back for an extended wilderness stay. I'm always fearful I've forgotten something critical and even if I did I'd just have to make do. I love that self reliance aspect. So excited for tomorrow. Game time.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
IMG_01791.jpg

"The hike in is a bit worse than I remember...had to stop for a snack! Gutman, our shortcut blows!!!"

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
This is an awesome idea.just heading home to Wisconsin after 4 days scouting in the Laramie mountain range. We will be heading back in 2 weeks for our 10 to 14day archery elk hunt in unit 7 Wyoming. If cell service is near by i will send updates.

dotman

WKR
Spoke to Aron. I'm not looking forward to that climb tomorrow with my share of the water. It was starting to rain pretty hard and he was hunkered down under the para tarp. I'm sure he's freezing as I'm sitting here drinking a beer and watching pre-season football. I'm all packed and have nothing to do but pull my bagel sandwiches from the freezer and throw them in my pack in the morning. One last work meeting at 8:30 am then I'm off. With the rain report I'm second guessing my choice to rely on the KUIU guide jacket as my rain gear instead of going with a hard shell. We'll see what that DWR finish is made of.

Coolers are loaded in the truck and I'll pull five 2.5 gallon jugs of water from the chest freezer in the AM.

Loaded my happy kit - clean clothes, extra food, gatorades, etc.

I don't really know what else to do. I've been prepping for the season for months so not much to do now. One of the things I love about backpack hunting is that little touch of uneasiness I feel as I walk away from the truck with everything on my back for an extended wilderness stay. I'm always fearful I've forgotten something critical and even if I did I'd just have to make do. I love that self reliance aspect. So excited for tomorrow. Game time.

Good luck man!

There were flash flood warnings in the west slope last evening. Aron looks dry but not happy...never happy:cool:. Glass em up its daylight in 25 minutes ready for more pic's

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The hike in turned into a real "Colorado cast iron beeeaaaatch"!

Rained harder than I've ever seen and didn't let up till after midnight.

Animals should be out and about in full force this am as I'm sure they bedded up like me last night.

My camp is at 12,400, so I can see 4 basins from this spot ....if the fog lifts :)

D

david long

A 160 mule deer? C'mon Aron, at least make it challenging. Lol.

Good luck guys!

IAHNTR

WKR
great thread guys. I'm sitting at my desk refreshing every 2 min or so. Thanks for helping me get through the work day.