Arrow brands

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Care to help me with picking out some new arrows? I was looking at getting some black eagle arrows but I haven't bit the bullet yet. I've been using fmj/injections in the past but am planning to switch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Care to help me with picking out some new arrows? I was looking at getting some black eagle arrows but I haven't bit the bullet yet. I've been using fmj/injections in the past but am planning to switch.

I’ve used the FMJ and Carbon Axis arrows. They were solid and did what I needed them to do. As I’ve gotten more into the technical aspects of archery I converted to Black Eagle Spartans. I’ve been pretty happy with the straightness and spine. Overall, I can complain about any of those. Will probably drop some coin in Day Six arrows this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the FMJ and Carbon Axis arrows. They were solid and did what I needed them to do. As I’ve gotten more into the technical aspects of archery I converted to Black Eagle Spartans. I’ve been pretty happy with the straightness and spine. Overall, I can complain about any of those. Will probably drop some coin in Day Six arrows this year.

Do you have any experience with victory tko's?

my buddy had issues with the rampage he cracked a few below the outserts switched to the HIT insert and had a couple splinter below his field point, I have the victory RIP TKO 300's and love them, I have them cut at 28 with 75 grain HIT and 125 head and I'm around 490 I think, no issues with durability what so ever, he's switching over to the same arrow after checking mine out, looking to buy or build footers for them now. I also have axis match grade 300's cut to 27 50 of brass and 125 head and I'm around 510. both excellent arrows I like the victory I little more because the gpi is less and I can load up the front with a little more weight and the ice coating is awesome for foam they pull out much easier than the axis on my rhino block.

Probably "old school" but, we've been using Gold Tip Hunter XT's for many years, now and glue in, 12, 50 or, 100 grain, Inserts, to achieve the desired FOC "balance" with their, 20 Grain FACT weights, used to adjust, as needed. They seem to be tough Arrows and work very well on, Moose and Elk for, our Family ! Tim Gillingham has several videos on YouTube, showing you how, to set them up. We shoot, 428 , 457 and 505 grain arrows with, 13-15% FOC for great FBH flight and "pass-thru's" using 3- 3" VaneTec V Maxes, AAE Max Stealth, etc. vanes W/ R-H Helical.

Last edited:
OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Why are you changing?
Not a fan of deep six, and I only have a few arrows of them so I was just planning on getting different arrows I havent had any issues with fmj's like some people. I'm not against fmjs though.

WJS23

WKR
I shot the fmj injections for years and last year I switched the the x-impacts and am really happy with them I think they can handle more abuse then the Easton’s can

Gumbo

WKR
I've been using BE Rampages with HITs for the last three years (or 4?) and really like them. They might not be as strong as Axis, but the straightness is way better than the 0.003 Axis, although I haven't tried the new match grade Axis. They might be great, although I like the finished weight and flight of my Rampages...

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity could a guy put a 50 grain brass insert into fmj's? Or would that be a bad idea?

Kotaman

WKR
Long time Easton user here. I've used FMJ's, FMJ Injexions, Regular Injexions, Axis, and mostly ACC's. This year my goal was to find a "skinny" (.166) arrow that rivals the Easton Arrows and ended up with Victory VAP TKO's. So far so good. I think I found a winner. Mine are 350's with the standard 34 gr. Aluminum insert and come in around 410 grains complete with a 100 grain point. I was never a fan of the Easton HIT insert. Their new Ti-in/outsert is nice, but heavier than I like. I always ended up using Firenok outserts with my Easton Skinny arrows as my best alternative. The Victory system is a nice "compromise" IMO.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Long time Easton user here. I've used FMJ's, FMJ Injexions, Regular Injexions, Axis, and mostly ACC's. This year my goal was to find a "skinny" (.166) arrow that rivals the Easton Arrows and ended up with Victory VAP TKO's. So far so good. I think I found a winner. Mine are 350's with the standard 34 gr. Aluminum insert and come in around 410 grains complete with a 100 grain point. I was never a fan of the Easton HIT insert. Their new Ti-in/outsert is nice, but heavier than I like. I always ended up using Firenok outserts with my Easton Skinny arrows as my best alternative. The Victory system is a nice "compromise" IMO.
The Firenock outsert on those Victory arrows is money too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve had good luck with the Axis. Still keep them for my back up bow. But rocking the Victory TKOs and been very pleased with their straightness, durability and performance!

I started with Gold Tips, went to Easton for a while and ended up at Black Eagle for this past season and next season. For me, I just like trying stuff out and different combos. That being said, I shot the Easton ACC 3/49-390 for the past 5 years before switching. Loved them! Awesome arrows! Then I got the bug to try something different and am blown away by the Black Eagle X-Impacts I shoot. Also talk to some folks who paid next to nothing for some Bloodsports off of CamoFire and swear by them.... This archery is a fickle beast

406unltd

WKR
I’ve had a good experience with GT PP arrows. They are durable and accurate at long range. The only downside to them is that the ballistic collar is pretty weak. I’ve cracked the sidewalls of a few of them. I notified GT and the sent me replacements. Other than some components being kinda cheap they have been great.