Arrow purchase, assembled, or not?

Duuane

FNG
I'm looking for thoughts about the assembly stage my new arrows will be at delivery. Sometimes I like to change things to keep me more engaged, not because I think I'll end up with a better mousetrap. I'm switching from Maxima Reds with 100gn mechanical BH with a total weight of about 375gr total weight. Here are the givens of what I plan to try.
1- New arrow, Easton 5mm match grade 27.5" CTC, 340 spine.
2-standard nock and HIT insert
3-IW 10gn impact collar, just because I want to try them.
4-Wasp Havalon 125 fixed blade.
5-3 Blazer vanes with left offset, my arrows start left bare shaft, so I'm going with it.
6-27" draw from 60# Elite Answer bow.
I can fletch my own arrows, but I've never installed a HIT insert, and I don't have an arrow saw, (could probably borrow one) If I order the arrows cut, fletched, and insert installed, I can't bare shaft shoot the arrows without removing the fletching and re-fletching them myself. My thought is to have them cut CTC, and install the HIT myself, I'm sure I would do it properly, but I do second guess myself on that one. But at the same time, I wonder if a place that is pumping out a high volume of arrow to buyers, are they taking the time to do each one properly. Sometimes I over think things when it's not necessary, and under think them when it's crucial. If you have the time, I appreciate the thoughts.

I'd order them cut, bareshafts.

Square the ends, then assemble. Hits aren't hard with the tool.

Only thing you miss out on is spinning them and cutting the most wobble out that you can, match grade it shouldn't matter. Otherwise if you were cutting them you might get the standard axis very close to match grade.

I'd order them cut, bareshafts.

Square the ends, then assemble. Hits aren't hard with the tool.

Only thing you miss out on is spinning them and cutting the most wobble out that you can, match grade it shouldn't matter. Otherwise if you were cutting them you might get the standard axis very close to match grade.

100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Done yourself or having them done and shipped probably won’t add up to any real difference. I ordered mine premade for a couple of decades with no issues. Do whichever one that blows your skirt up.

OP
D

Duuane

FNG
Thanks for the input, I'll buy cut, bare shafts, and do the rest myself. I've always bought fully assembled arrows and replaced vanes or nocks when necessary. After 40 years, I guess it high time I do more of my own work.