Arrow spine

Shooting 30" draw, bow has 60lb limbs maxed out, arrows are 340 gold tip hunter pro uncut, local "shop" said he wouldn't cut my arrows because they would be too short if I shoot fixed blades which I disagree with seeing as my points are currently way outside of my riser. After shooting thru paper several times I have a mock left tear that won't change with moving my rest. Could I be under spined being the arrows are uncut?

Trial153

WKR
Put the rest at center shot then take three turns out of your limb bolts then shoot it through paper. If you improve you have your answer

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. Uncut arrows run 32 inches long. Id find me a new shop because you should be able to go down to 28.5 inches of carbon and be cut to the center of the berger hole depending on the throat length of your nock.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shoot my 60lb bow at 32" draw and 30" arrows and they are close to a 340 spine. They work great until I get up to about 64lbs and then they start to go wonky. But ya, at a minimum I would want to cut at least 2" off of those arrows if they are 32".

OP
skyler_2010
Wow. Uncut arrows run 32 inches long. Id find me a new shop because you should be able to go down to 28.5 inches of carbon and be cut to the center of the berger hole depending on the throat length of your nock.
Unfortunately there is two shops in my area. The Hoyt dealer and the Bowtech dealer\fleet farm. Hoyt dealer doesn't have time for anyone that isn't buying flagship bows every year, and L&M has a bunch of kids that well tell you a 32 inch arrow is "good enough" so it's either drive 1.5 hrs one way or learn how to do it myself which the mechanic in me is saying quit over thinking it and just figure it out

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
If your local shop sucks, get a cutter or buy arrows from Lancaster and have them cut them. Then build yourself. Closest shop to me is 3hrs...so have to do that.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
What bow and rest are you shooting? If your tear isn't changing any at all when you move the rest it has to be either contact or spine related.

bsnedeker

WKR
+1 I have a 29.5 inch draw and I cut my arrows to 29 inches and I shoot a 2-blade RMS Cutthroat. I think you may be dealing with the standard Minnesota bow shop...I know the struggle as I just moved out of MN last year!

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
There are so many spine threads on here....quick question so I don't start another thread, if I put in all my exact details in Archers Advantage, how accurate it is for spine selections?

Last year I shot 250 rampages with 200g up front, 28.5" draw, 27.5" of carbon (BE FOCUS system, which adds some length) at 72lbs.

Changed to an Elite Kure, 29" draw, 80% letoff. 65lbs limbs, maxed. I want to switch to Iron Will Collars and HITs, and go to 29.5" of carbon.

Archers Advantage is saying I should be in a 300 spine for this arrow, even with 225g sitting up front. Does this sound right? Do the long HIT inserts and collars stiffen up the arrow? The Focus system is pretty much all hanging off the front.

Thanks
When you are calculating in archers advantage you are essentially picking an arrow set up to match your bow. You are tuning the arrow to match your bow when you should just pick an arrow set up thats stiff enough and tune your bow to the arrow. Archers advantage will get you close but in the end certain bows may like slightly stiff arrows when others like slightly weak. The general consensus is you will be better off to stiff than to weak.

Unfortunately there is two shops in my area. The Hoyt dealer and the Bowtech dealer\fleet farm. Hoyt dealer doesn't have time for anyone that isn't buying flagship bows every year, and L&M has a bunch of kids that well tell you a 32 inch arrow is "good enough" so it's either drive 1.5 hrs one way or learn how to do it myself which the mechanic in me is saying quit over thinking it and just figure it out

I would save the gas money you would spend driving back and forth and invest it in the equipment to do your own tuning. A bow press, arrow saw and fletching jig will take you a long way...significant initial investment but will pay off tenfold even if you have the best pro shop around in your city, I know a thing or two about incompetent/lazy pro shops though and unfortunately in my experience learning how to do things yourself is usually the only option in that situation unless you like driving. Always fun when you do finally drive the 1.5hrs and they say ok cool, leave it with me and come back in a few days :ROFLMAO:

OP
skyler_2010
I would save the gas money you would spend driving back and forth and invest it in the equipment to do your own tuning. A bow press, arrow saw and fletching jig will take you a long way...significant initial investment but will pay off tenfold even if you have the best pro shop around in your city, I know a thing or two about incompetent/lazy pro shops though and unfortunately in my experience learning how to do things yourself is usually the only option in that situation unless you like driving. Always fun when you do finally drive the 1.5hrs and they say ok cool, leave it with me and come back in a few days :ROFLMAO:
I do have a fletching jig and was looking at the harbor freight arrow saw build and just started looking at a pipe clamp press

OP
skyler_2010
So I took the 3 full turns out of my limb bolts and have the same tears. That tells me fletching contact correct? Gonna find the foot spray and spray my fletchings now