Tuning my new RIP TKO

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I just switched from Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Platinum to Victory RIP TKO arrows. I really just fell out of love with the super micro diameter arrows. I know the TKO are still small but the Pierce Platinums were tiny. I shoot a lot of hogs here and I never had a pass through with the KPP. Im shooting a Mathews V3 70# the arrows were shooting at 303fps. I also stiffened the spine up on the new arrows. Im now shooting 300 I was shooting 340. hoping to get a liitle more KE out of these new ones. This is only 20 yards getting them dialed yesterday. IMG_7939.jpeg

Pap89

FNG
I used these last 3D season, and took a doe with one as well (topped off with a Grim Reaper) - they fly great and are very strong. I will continue to use these for the foreseeable future!

AkRyan

WKR
There inserts are prone to breaking so I would recommend swapping them out to a ss or titanium option. And don't be afraid to add a touch of weight up front since you have some fps to give up.

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I just switched from Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Platinum to Victory RIP TKO arrows. I really just fell out of love with the super micro diameter arrows. I know the TKO are still small but the Pierce Platinums were tiny. I shoot a lot of hogs here and I never had a pass through with the KPP. Im shooting a Mathews V3 70# the arrows were shooting at 303fps. I also stiffened the spine up on the new arrows. Im now shooting 300 I was shooting 340. hoping to get a liitle more KE out of these new ones. This is only 20 yards getting them dialed yesterday. View attachment 650214
I just made the same arrow switch. Did you align the spines at 6 or 12 o'clock?

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
There inserts are prone to breaking so I would recommend swapping them out to a ss or titanium option. And don't be afraid to add a touch of weight up front since you have some fps to give up.
I hated the stock halfserts/outserts that come with the arrows. Went with the Iron Will inserts instead with collars, work great.

Good choice OP, my RIP TKOs have definitely proven themselves.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Nice. How much did you increase the weight of the new TKO's over the old GT's?

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
where were the inserts breaking? I just bought the VAP TKOs and looks like they are a different design but still aluminum.

where were the inserts breaking? I just bought the VAP TKOs and looks like they are a different design but still aluminum.
I had issues where they narrow. Bent many of them and gave them up on my old tko build. They're very long and bent really easily even in normal use. Some guys like them but I went to all steel or titanium after that experience

AkRyan

WKR
Been shooting some rip tko with a 75g brass insert from easton with there match grade colors and zero complaints or failures. Also shooting easto x10 PP with the same setup and they are grouping like a rifle.

Been shooting some rip tko with a 75g brass insert from easton with there match grade colors and zero complaints or failures. Also shooting easto x10 PP with the same setup and they are grouping like a rifle.
I don't mind any easton components. I had great success with the 75 grain stainless half outs in my last build

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
No pass throughs?! What arrow weight is going 303 out of your v3?
I just switched from Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Platinum to Victory RIP TKO arrows. I really just fell out of love with the super micro diameter arrows. I know the TKO are still small but the Pierce Platinums were tiny. I shoot a lot of hogs here and I never had a pass through with the KPP. Im shooting a Mathews V3 70# the arrows were shooting at 303fps. I also stiffened the spine up on the new arrows. Im now shooting 300 I was shooting 340. hoping to get a liitle more KE out of these new ones. This is only 20 yards getting them dialed yesterday. View attachment 650214

No pass throughs?! What arrow weight is going 303 out of your v3?

cjay225

FNG
Made the switch last year from axis to tko's. Couldn't be happier. Tossed the factory inserts immediately and went with 50/75gn brass hits with podium ti sleeves. Rock solid and fly like a dream!

Drak

FNG
I just got some RIP TKO’s 300 spine too, haven’t fletched them up yet. Only pulling #65 so at 8.8gpi I couldn’t find a better option to get my fps up and maintain .204ID

Drak

FNG
Made the switch last year from axis to tko's. Couldn't be happier. Tossed the factory inserts immediately and went with 50/75gn brass hits with podium ti sleeves. Rock solid and fly like a dream!
You talking the podium sleeves/collars that’s are 15gr? Was wondering about a collar option for RIP TKO’s with Easton HITs. $7 a piece is tough but I guess you’d have them a long time. Do you epoxy them on?

cjay225

FNG
You talking the podium sleeves/collars that’s are 15gr? Was wondering about a collar option for RIP TKO’s with Easton HITs. $7 a piece is tough but I guess you’d have them a long time. Do you epoxy them on?
Ya, the 15gr titanium. I used them originally to get my foc where I wanted it but after building and shooting them I quickly realized they are rock solid. I hit angle iron at 87yrds in a 3d event last weekend and the arrow/collar survived and still spins well. That's enough evidence for me. I did order 1/2 dozen podium titanium half outs and after extensive shooting I'm convinced the hit is the strongest design.

Drak

FNG
Ya, the 15gr titanium. I used them originally to get my foc where I wanted it but after building and shooting them I quickly realized they are rock solid. I hit angle iron at 87yrds in a 3d event last weekend and the arrow/collar survived and still spins well. That's enough evidence for me. I did order 1/2 dozen podium titanium half outs and after extensive shooting I'm convinced the hit is the strongest design.
Well in that case they could pay for themselves saving a few arrows and nice ya don’t have to go down to 9/32 field point. I was really considering using the half-outs that came with the RIPS but think I’ll stick to the HIT plan