Asolo Fugitive? (or Salomon Quest)

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at a lighter boot for day trips, scouting and all around use. I had my mind set on the Salomon quest but then came across the Asolo Fugitive GTX. I've had a chance to try the salmon and I like it (great support considering weight). That said, I came across a good deal on the Asolo (similar weight, support) so I thought I'd check if someone has any experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Quest and Sassalong fit me great, but the Fugative killed my heals. All 3 are great boots, so just make sure and get the one that fits best.

OP
Timberninja

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, was just reading reviews on a backpacking site and the heel issue came up a couple of times. Seemed the issue was a pressure point on the heel for some folks. Did you feel it right away or was it after a couple of miles?

OP
Timberninja

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I'll try both but leaning towards the quests!

Wrench77

WKR
You also might want to check out the Zamberlan 230 SH Crosser. I have been trying to find a pair to try myself but can't find any locally yet. The reviews I have seen so far are very positive and I think they would compare to the others you've mentioned.