Asolo sizing compared to street shoes?

kpk

WKR
I'm in need of a new pair of boots. I'm looking at Asolos but I have nowhere nearby to try a pair on. I typically wear a 9.5 in Asics or Adidas and I'm wondering if I should start off ordering a 9.5 or 10 for a little extra toe room. I'm not opposed to returning due to comfort, but it'd be nice to get the sizing right the first time around.

mauidiver

WKR
Agreed with the narrowness, but with the one pair i had from sierra, they were a little big as far as room in the toe box area.

Take-a-knee

Banned
I'm in need of a new pair of boots. I'm looking at Asolos but I have nowhere nearby to try a pair on. I typically wear a 9.5 in Asics or Adidas and I'm wondering if I should start off ordering a 9.5 or 10 for a little extra toe room. I'm not opposed to returning due to comfort, but it'd be nice to get the sizing right the first time around.

FSN 85's in 10 Wide were a tad short (1/2 size or so) and less wide than my Vasque Sundowners of the same size. I'd up a half size. If you order them from Sierra, returns are simple, they send a return label with every shipment and just bill you for it.

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
I thought length was true. I usually wear wide boots anyway but the Asolos are a bit snugger in width.

mauidiver

WKR
From the sounds of it, best to get from Sierra as their return policy is straight forward. Everyone's feet are different!!

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I wear an 11 in Brooks Pure Grit running shoe and have an 11 Asolo Khumbu. I am not sure if they run narrow or if I am just used to thin running shoes. I think the fit, on my foot, is the best I have worn.

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I found the Asolo Fugitives to be narrow in width and about right in length. I measure a true 10 D on a Brannock Device and had to go with the wide version when buying Asolos. Most other boots I can go with a standard 10.

jmez

WKR
Mine run true to size but agree they are a little narrow in the toe box. I wouldn't up size from your normal shoe.

OP
kpk

kpk

WKR
Thanks for the input guys. A scheels just opened this weekend in my area so I went to check out what they had. I tried on the new salomon quest 4D 2. They fit excellent. I'll probably a order a pair of salomons and asolos and see which I like better. Thanks again.