Attaching Bow To Stone Glacier Solo

GoatNuts

FNG
Does anyone have any pictures of their bow strapped to the exterior of the Stone Glacier Solo pack? Do you rely on the two webbing straps, and is this sufficient while carrying a load? Any issues with the bow/quiver wiggling around on the trail? Thanks for any information.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
GoatNuts,
My personal preference when carrying my bow is to use the compression straps on the back of the pack. I have not had any issues with the straps loosening or the bow coming loose. I also suggest this method for those customers that are interested in carrying a bow on the pack, and there have been no reports of any issues. I have attached two pictures I have from the field for your reference. As you can see in the picture directly from the back, the bottom strap is actually run under one side of the riser and over the other. This can also help to lock the bow vertically if you prefer. Hope this helps.
Kurt
Stone Glacier

Attachments

• 2013 TOM.jpg
    2013 TOM.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 209
  • P1030830.jpg
    P1030830.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 251

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
CaseyU, that's funny! Nope, not me in either pic.

OP
G

GoatNuts

FNG
Kurt,
That information and picture one is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, I really appriciate it and I look forward to a SG strapped to my back this year.

Nik,
It looks like I'm flyin solo in WA. Although, I do have some extra furlough time but I'll be using that to put my boots on the ground learning an area a bit closer to home. Plus, I've been in camp with you before and 1) I know how you smell after a few days of dehydrated food and, 2) Your bear-free campsite awareness is questionable :D

GoatNuts