Kuiu Pro LT Frame System vs Stone Glacier

bigbahksdude

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Kuiu Pro LT 5500 that I picked up for a hunt this past season. I was between that or a Stone Glacier pack, ended up going with Kuiu because of price. Treated me pretty well, got to carry a little meat in it. Overall I don't really have many complaints, but I also haven't had a ton of time to pour the coals to her and test it out thoroughly.

On that hunt there were two guys with Stone Glacier packs and me and another guy with Kuiu packs. I will say that the Kuiu packs were much faster to put in to load hauling mode, but it seemed like the guys with the Stone Glacier packs were more comfortable (or were at least insisting they were more comfortable...).

I have an opportunity to pick up a Stone Glacier Krux frame and pack. Considering testing both out and selling one. Just wanted to see if any folks here have tried both systems, and which they prefer. I've been searching on the forums and I can't really find any opinions, just a lack of folks using the Kuiu frame system.

Thanks in advance.

Drenalin

WKR
I've used the latest Kuiu stuff and have tried a SG R3. I prefer Kuiu. The SG R3 put a lot of pressure on my lumbar and I couldn't find a way to alleviate that. That's not in any way to say the SG isn't a great system, as long as it fits you and your body type well. I also prefer the layout of the Kuiu bags (Pro and Pro LT models). The SG bag I tried was the R3 5900 - I didn't care for the main bag or the lid. I'd have adjusted and gotten used to it though if the frame had fit me better.

Cooter49

FNG
I've used the latest Kuiu stuff and have tried a SG R3. I prefer Kuiu. The SG R3 put a lot of pressure on my lumbar and I couldn't find a way to alleviate that. That's not in any way to say the SG isn't a great system, as long as it fits you and your body type well. I also prefer the layout of the Kuiu bags (Pro and Pro LT models). The SG bag I tried was the R3 5900 - I didn't care for the main bag or the lid. I'd have adjusted and gotten used to it though if the frame had fit me better.
Thanks for the insight. I have been thinking of getting the Sky Talus 6900. I did not like the KUIU PRO 6000, on my Wyoming hunt last year.