Automotive Help

ShakeDown

WKR
I am looking for a shop to install a kit that I have near Littleton, CO. The kit includes a Halo Lifts coilover/shock kit, Icon UCAs, and a rear block. I will also be upgrading tires and wheels and getting a final alignment. A lot of the shops I’ve reached out to have a 4+ week wait.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
I bet you are likely to find a Rokslider near you that would come help put it on! The lift kit install really isn't too bad, then just take it to the shop for the alignment and wheels/tires.

Titan

WKR
I am assuming this is a newer model truck or SUV. If you don't have to swap springs to new struts, then the process is pretty simple with basic tools. In my experience, shops charge a lot for the little work required.

You would still be way ahead if you bought a jack, an electric impact, and any large sockets you may need for the ball joints. Even with no prior experience, you could get it done in a day.

OP
ShakeDown

ShakeDown

WKR
I wish I had the time to get it done myself.

Unfortunately, with a recent move, two baby girls under two, and starting a new job next month time is at a premium.

Titan

WKR
Join a F150 forum and look for members around you. Maybe even an offroad group. Given your area, it should be pretty easy to find someone local who would get it done for you for very little.

I've seen some quotes for simple spacer levels done at a shop that were over $1,000. That's $50 in parts and $950+ for labor. It's crazy.

OP
ShakeDown

ShakeDown

WKR
Join a F150 forum and look for members around you. Maybe even an offroad group. Given your area, it should be pretty easy to find someone local who would get it done for you for very little.

I've seen some quotes for simple spacer levels done at a shop that were over $1,000. That's $50 in parts and $950+ for labor. It's crazy.

Good advice, I will definitely do that.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
4 Wheel Parts. One plus is thats what they do, theyre familiar with whatever vehicle youre bringing in. There probably is a week or two wait. If there isnt a wait for a job at a four wheel drive shop it may not be the best around.

OP
ShakeDown

ShakeDown

WKR
4 Wheel Parts. One plus is thats what they do, theyre familiar with whatever vehicle youre bringing in. There probably is a week or two wait. If there isnt a wait for a job at a four wheel drive shop it may not be the best around.

Thanks. I will check them out.

I may end up waiting anyhow. Lots of people getting ready for “season” right now and blowing their tax return money. Appreciate the help.

Joining a 4x4 forum and asking for guys to come wrench on your heap or “if there are guys around who can wrench on it” or “if there’s a quicker or cheaper alternative than the shops around me” is the same as coming here and saying “I’m not looking for your homeyhole but why don’t all you guys tell me when and where to fill my tag?”

any approach from that angle you probably dealing with internet etiquette cultural phenomenon type stuff same as all forums and might not be worth the hassle.

This coming from a guy who has spent lots of time wrenching (currently building the one I’ll drive west this summer) and a little in the automotive forum arena.

Last edited:
OP
ShakeDown

ShakeDown

WKR
Joining a 4x4 forum and asking for guys to come wrench on your heap or “if there are guys around who can wrench on it” or “if there’s a quicker or cheaper alternative than the shops around me” is the same as coming here and saying “I’m not looking for your homeyhole but why don’t all you guys tell me when and where to fill my tag?”

any approach from that angle you probably dealing with internet etiquette cultural phenomenon type stuff same as all forums and might not be worth the hassle.

This coming from a guy who has spent lots of time wrenching (currently building the one I’ll drive west this summer) and a little in the automotive forum arena.

I appreciate the input, however I do not necessarily agree.

The fundamental difference is that in my situation I am looking to pay for a service, and that service has no secretive aspect.

This issues is more in line with, “Where did you find the best deal on a load sling?” Some will recommend a retailer, some the classifieds, some might also recommend Pods or another maker.

I do agree that a certain etiquette or protocol needs to be followed respecting a given forum’s written and unwritten rules and long time members.

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
Its not Littleton, but check out RSG offroad on Colfax. Straight shooting fellas over there. They do it right.

Titan

WKR
Yeah, it depends how you approach it. I didn't feel like he would go on there looking for free work.

Plenty of guys around who are willing to help. I will lend a hand here than there just for the sole reason that I can't stand when shops rip people off. I bet there's a college age guy around that knows he can make a couple hundred bucks for an afternoon of work.

OP
ShakeDown

ShakeDown

WKR
I will definitely check out RSG. I had not run across them in my search, thank you!

I appreciate all the the helpful responses. Always awesome when someone is willing to help.

OP
ShakeDown

ShakeDown

WKR
Its not Littleton, but check out RSG offroad on Colfax. Straight shooting fellas over there

Made an appointment with the guys at RSG. Shorter wait and price was lower than I had been quoted. Online reviews were positive, and our conversation for my plans put me at ease.

Thanks again all for any input!