Average Weight for Day Hunts? What’s in Your Pack?

Depending on season and animal I am hunting. Elk or mule deer I am right around 20# with tripod and 15's, rain gear, water etc etc. Black tail closer to ten #'s since I don't carry my glassing gear and am wearing my rain gear.

Tick

WKR
15-17lbs. Add about 6lbs if I take a tripod/spotter.

Snacks, 2L water, kill, rain jacket, insulation layer, camera, gps, headlamp in pack for deer/elk.

For September elk in Colorado, most days I carry the following, stacked from bottom up:

First aid kit (Adventure Medical Sportsman 200 plus C-Splint, inflatable CPR mask and additional meds)
Kill kit (game bags, blades, flagging, 4 contractor bags, electrical tape, license, paracord)
Survival kit (firestarter, 3 AAA batteries, hand warmers, 2 Iodine tabs)
Trowel & TP
Rain pants (if rain is in the forecast)
Warm hat and gloves
Puffy jacket
Rain shell
Nalgene bottle
Water purifier press
Food

Weight is about 20lbs, though I have a Stone Glacier Solo on the way and will re-shape and weight the set up once it's here.

I'll carry a spotter and tripod, which adds about 10lbs, if I'm hunting open country for the day.

Feel like I need to improve my packing and gear selection but I figure our last hunt where I was just glassing most of the time my pack had to be over 30lbs. Between normal gear, food, glass, tripod and water it was a lot of stuff.

Gunaddict

FNG
23 to 25 lbs in my daypack.
No spotter or tripod. I carry more survival items, since my hunting partner got lost 18 yrs ago. He was missing for 14 hours. He did not have his daypack or a coat with him. When he left the p.u. it was 47 degrees and when we found him it was 32 degrees. He was very lucky.

I am right around 25#.

Tripod, BTX and water make up the majority of the weight. I love elk hunting because I can drop the Big Glass. Lol.

No spotter or tripod. I carry more survival items, since my hunting partner got lost 18 yrs ago. He was missing for 14 hours. He did not have his daypack or a coat with him. When he left the p.u. it was 47 degrees and when we found him it was 32 degrees. He was very lucky.
Yeah, I tend to think about what I'd need to survive, and of course that changes based on where and when. I was hunting late season cow yesterday and it was -3 at the trailhead. In those temps a twisted ankle could be deadly if improperly prepared. When I sat down to glass for half an hour the last thing I cared about was the extra few pounds in my pack.

This is another reason I always have a lighter and knife in my pants pockets at all times,and I'm not a smoker lol

accurat

FNG
Tripod, spotter, 40 oz of water, 2 knives, first aid kit, headlamp, backup AA light, nitrile gloves, rangefinder, small camera, multi tool, maybe a small camp axe, lighters, 100' of paracord, 5 extra rounds of ammo, 2 Clifbars, a bag of trail mix, 6oz of jerky and a few small miscellaneous items. (A 4oz flask of Willetts Small Batch 4yo Rye might be in there somewhere as well....in a titanium flask because, you know, I'm really trying to save weight damnit!! LOL!)) All packed in one of the older Camelbak HAWGs with 4 additional pouches, it comes in at 17lbs. This is for 4-8 mile, all-day out-and-backs for the most part, but I usually don't go all that far. Gotta have the gear at the ready though.