Awesome Venison Burgers

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
The dill relish and the worcestershire are what make it so good! But everybody's tastes are different. It'll probably still be good without it. Might be able to chop up some pickled jalapeño as a substitute if you like that better. In fact, I think I'm going to try that next time lol
Yeah for some odd reason I cant do dill pickles, and it's weird, I like bread and butter pickles, sweet pickles, sweet relish etc. just fine lol. But something with dill pickles i cant do, i guess its the dill. I guess a fella could do sweet relish as a substitute

johnbow

FNG
My best friend and hunting buddy shared this with me, and I couldn't believe how good it is. I don't have exact amounts, but I can give decent estimates. The last batch I made was 1lb 10oz of ground venison with no added fat. Here's what I added:
2 or 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
5 strips thick bacon run through food processor (about 3 strips per lb)
2 tblsp dill pickle relish
1 to 2 tsp yellow mustard
1 or 2 tsp onion powder (to taste)
1 or 2 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste (I use Tony's)
So, I just mix it up by hand, let sit in the fridge for an hour or two, form into large thick patties, and grill at wide open heat (around 600) for 4 minutes a side. They turn out juicy and delicious every time. I have another friend that adds grated cheeses to his and swears by it. I prefer my cheese on top, but there's endless ways you could make it your own, but don't skip the pickle relish! Everybody I've served these to agrees that it makes the dish. Hope you enjoy as much as I have
Edit: the patties are a bit prone to sticking on the first side. I remedy this by spraying some canola oil on the grate right before dropping them on the grill.
Thanks for sharing