AZ FNG - Reborn and going after elk and quail

Tsoenen

FNG
Hey Rokslide! I’m a newbie to the forum from Chandler, AZ. Grew up in TX and IA hunting whitetail, dove, quail, and pheasant. Moved to AZ after college and lost my hunting community, didn’t know where to start, got tied up in my job and prioritizing family and haven’t been out the entire 10+yrs I’ve been here. I got the hunting/elk bug and put in for an antlerless tag and was super lucky to draw AZ 7W early rifle mid-oct and am planning on a DIY hunt. I’ve been diving in and trying to learn as much as possible to get ready. Time to splurge on gear, research, and fitness! It’s coming up quick. Looking to build some online and IRL hunting community again.

Also wanting to get out and go after some quail this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Welcome! 7W is a great unit and you should do well up there. Not hard to scout or hunt for the most part.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Whats up man, Welcome!
I'm in east Mesa. Been a resident since I was born, but only got into hunting about 2 years ago. I got a 4A archery elk tag.

OP
T

Tsoenen

FNG
Whats up man, Welcome!
I'm in east Mesa. Been a resident since I was born, but only got into hunting about 2 years ago. I got a 4A archery elk tag.

Nice! Good luck. Archery elk looks like a ton of fun. If I really get into it this season I might have to look at getting a bow.