AZ new resident rules

Peytb10

FNG
I will be moving to AZ end of May and will become a resident then. I know the regulations state must be a resident for 6 months prior to applying for a license or tag etc. Does this include the OTC resident tags for Cous? I know the nonresident OTC deer tags deadline is up. I just wasn’t sure if this meant applying for draw tags etc.

Thanks!

OP
Peytb10

Peytb10

FNG
My understanding is that it is 6 months for all licenses and applications. Once you have a resident license after 6 months, it applies for all applications.
That’s what I assumed but wanted to check. Was hoping to grab a deer tag but looks like that will have to wait until next year

AZ8

WKR
Yes, it's for all.

..... in this state for six
months immediately preceding the date
of application for a license, permit, tag
, or
stamp
and does not claim residency for
any purpose in another state..

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
If you are going to be here for some time and plan to hunt often, I'd also suggest you look into a lifetime hunting license. Of course, please don't apply for the hunts I do. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck,

Eddie

OP
Peytb10

Peytb10

FNG
If you are going to be here for some time and plan to hunt often, I'd also suggest you look into a lifetime hunting license. Of course, please don't apply for the hunts I do. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck,

Eddie
Yes I’ll be here for a long while! I’ll have to check out the lifetime license. Thanks Eddie

OP
Peytb10

Peytb10

FNG
General area?
North Phoenix. Moving due to wife getting into residency post medical school. If you guys have any suggestions for subscription based archery ranges let me know! I’d like to go several times a week. (Preferably outdoors)

AZ8

WKR
Yes I’ll be here for a long while! I’ll have to check out the lifetime license. Thanks Eddie
It's more expensive the younger you are, but we'll worth it! It's nice never having to worry about buying a license every year. Makes applying during each draw cycle easy!

Follow the rule to the day. I thought I had the six month window covered. I found out the hard way years after moving to Scottsdale and deer hunting north of Prescott. My drivers license issue date and hunting license didn't jive if I remember correctly. I was 25 at the time not an excuse but the ticket still stung. The game warden said the silver lining of the day was that I didn't have a deer in possession.

OP
Peytb10

Peytb10

FNG
Follow the rule to the day. I thought I had the six month window covered. I found out the hard way years after moving to Scottsdale and deer hunting north of Prescott. My drivers license issue date and hunting license didn't jive if I remember correctly. I was 25 at the time not an excuse but the ticket still stung. The game warden said the silver lining of the day was that I didn't have a deer in possession.
That’s good to know but ya I’m not gonna risk it. Don’t have AZ license yet, but will have it by next elk applications. Unfortunately I’ll miss the window for spring hunts too.