Baby its Cold Outside! What's your temp?

Titan_Bow

WKR
The "feels like" always amuses me. I spent a lot of time in the military doing extreme cold weather training and field time in upstate New York. One thing I learned; once it gets down to -15 or -20, you can't really tell anymore, its all cold. The only difference between -25 and -50 is that -50 will kill you faster! LOL

I moved from ND to Southcentral Alaska to escape the cold. Just had to run outside and the -5 and calm felt nice compared to yesterday's windy garbage. Looks like last night's -14 is as cold as we will get in the foreseeable future. Then nice and steady in the teens for the next couple weeks. Perfect for keeping the snow and ice prime for winter stuff.

I saw they recorded -62 in Chicken this morning.

Friday the high is 58, then 22 that night. I'll be car camping in the hot tent. Hard to test cold weather gear here, so you grab it while you can. (y)
View attachment 490446
Glad I’m not the only one thinking this way. I told my wife if we didn’t have kid number two due in the next week or two I’d be up in Jones Gap testing out my gear. Last I looked Caesar’s Head was supposed to drop down to 7 Thursday night to Friday.

nobody

WKR
Multiple days late last week were down to +/- minus 10F along the Wasatch back. Saw a headline that it's been cold enough that 4 5 homeless people froze to death in SLC over the weekend.

Last edited:
43 now calling for 10 by Friday, wind chill close to -4. 15-20 mph winds. The deer will not know what to do south of Atlanta

It's not nearly as cold here as it is in many other parts of the country (-15 F on the way into work this morning), but on a side note, we do have about 4' of snow in the yard right now.

328e4b78ca93b73b676df6f153694dba.jpg
Nice. I'm south of you and I think were about the same for snow as well. Was -31 this morning when I started my truck for work.