Backcountry Muzzle Breaks

fmlyman

FNG
I've purchased a rifle that will hold two purposes, a backcountry bear/deer gun for me and a deer rifle for my wife/kids. It's a Savage 110 Ultralight in 6.5 Creedmoor. It comes with a pre-threaded 5/8-24 Proof Research barrel. To make it pleasant for the wife/kids to shoot, and to keep on target when I'm shooting it as well, I'm looking for a good muzzle break. Looking at two options right now but I'm wondering if any of you have any input. It's a backcountry setup so I don't want anything big. Looking at the following:
Patriot Valley Arms JetBlast

Precision Armament Hypertap

Thank you in advance for your input.

Quest1000

FNG
I have two jetblast breaks and they do a great job at reducing recoil. I would highly recommend one.

BBob

WKR

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We make the lightest brakes on the market, they reduce recoil extremely well and the reduction in muzzle rise is crazy. They are available on the rokslide store. They are also relatively short compared to some other, and smaller OD size.

You can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. I don’t know if you have enough posts to send messages on here.

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple T2 terminator brakes on larger caliber rifles (7mm rem mag/300 win mag) and recoil is not much at all. A buddy has a T2 on his 6.5 Creedmoor and recoil is non existent. Honestly though I think on that small of a cartridge the T1 would have been plenty. He mainly wanted to not loss sight of the target while shooting but the T1 is a little more trim and I believe would serve the roll your looking for perfectly. They are an amazingly efficient brake.

We make the lightest brakes on the market, they reduce recoil extremely well and the reduction in muzzle rise is crazy. They are available on the rokslide store. They are also relatively short compared to some other, and smaller OD size.

You can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. I don’t know if you have enough posts to send messages on here.
Do you ship to Canada ?

Rich M

WKR
IMO, the noise and concussion will make that rifle much more unpleasant to shoot. Next thing will be to lighten the trigger because they've developed a flinch.

I'd say let 'em shoot it as-is. If it's that terrible, get a better fitting stock.

I agree 1,000%. I've run into more folks who are noise sensitive than recoil sensitive - including myself.

Hate public ranges cause of the muzzlebrakes and think they shouldn't be allowed due to the damage they do to folks hearing. I'm deaf, have worn hearing aids for close to 50 years and even with muffs on my deaf ears, them things are too loud.

Proof Research say the barrel is .75". Does anyone know of a 5/8 24 suppressor about that would be about .75" in diameter so that it would integrate well?