Backpack holster

Jo83ben

FNG
Hahahaha. Funny you say that. I generally keep my pistol on my pack belt. And the other night sitting in a clear cut edge at dusk kept hearing something behind me. Kept thinking if it’s a cougar I’m screwed since my pack was literally like 10’ away.

So it does bring up a good point about location of the holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
A drop leg attached to your pant belt at the top and one strap at the bottom of the holster just below your nuts.....a cheap condor drop leg works fine with/without a weapon light....one inexpensive option to check out.

*zap*

WKR
I think if you set a drop leg up correctly they are a pretty good option for use with a backpack....jmo.

I think if you set it up down on your thigh they suck...

i have an alien gear now on my pack belt with my hellcat, main thing i don't like about it is how far it sticks out.... constantly a big wad of salmonberry leaves stuck in there, haha... it's like concealed carry because the pistol is always ghillied out.

i am a little concerned about losing the pistol in the brush, going through thick salmonberry (which is fairly constant around here) and it gets hung up pretty bad a lot, and pretty much have to rip and plow through it, and i can only hope the quick disconnect retention is solid, because it gets pulled on a lot

Jo83ben

FNG
If your concerned about your pistol getting snagged and pulling from your holster try a safariland holster with the ALS system. Model 6378 is a good one, and is made for many common pistols with and without lights. Excellent retention and you can get some of them for as low as 45 bucks.

schmalzy

WKR
I received my Ivory holster (earlier than promised). Fit, finish and retention appear to be excellent. Will get some pictures up tomorrow. Malice clips work well for SG belts.

JTR11

FNG
If you want a cheap option, i just have an Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster on my hip belt. Not a custom fit, but it holds my .45 plenty secure and doesn't bounce around at all when I'm hiking around.

schmalzy

WKR
Pistol is a Glock 29. Large Stone Glacier belt. Ivory holster with malice clips. Haven’t hiked or hunted with it yet.

a844ca3e981036862d7c575ed653f1c6.jpg

c530e4ad03a1ab9453c997f4dd7307f8.jpg

868ad75106bcc3202055a50d7442c66c.jpg

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Gunfighters Inc Kenai...never be without your weapon...most comfortable holster I've seen to wear with pack...many options

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Torque

FNG
I am bringing this thread back from the dead.

I am looking for a back pack holster that attaches the the upper part of a back pack strap. for light hiking. The light packs I have don't have waist straps.

I have a Kenai chest harness, which I love, but I would rather not wear a pack over it.

Anyone know of a manufacturer? It is for a M&P 2.0 4" 10mm with an optic.

I am looking for a back pack holster that attaches the the upper part of a back pack strap. for light hiking. The light packs I have don't have waist straps.

I have a Kenai chest harness, which I love, but I would rather not wear a pack over it.

Aliengear backpack holster.

Marsupial has a horizontal and a vertical holster with Molle webbing, which I’m sure you could likely make work. Worth a quick look to see if that fits your needs.

According to their website, they don't make one in the model I listed.
I didn't go through the time to see if they had your model. They have a lot of models available so I just assumed. I'm a Glock guy, so always a lot of accessories out there.

11boo

WKR

I *think* hill people chest pack is capable of being attached to pack straps. I just use mine with its harness, under my pack straps.

IMG_3376.jpeg