backpack rifle sling

nnkboykin

FNG
I am looking for a good way to attach my rifle to my Mystery Ranch Pintler. The "water bottle" pocket on the side is not big enough to easily get the butt stock into. if it did that would work fine. Does anyone have any recommendations OTHER THAN Mystery Ranch's quick release sling? I need something that has support at the bottom and MR's does not.

I use a small dump pouch on my hip belt and a strap attached to the shoulder strap. Same concept as a gun bearer, although I own and sometimes use a Gun bearer.

Slick Sling. Made in Montana and a whopping $25. I used it last year and it worked awesome. Easy to get your gun on and off the pack while wearing it and hold securely.

SonnyDay

WKR
I use a small dump pouch on my hip belt and a strap attached to the shoulder strap. Same concept as a gun bearer, although I own and sometimes use a Gun bearer.
I’ve heard great things about the gun bearer… but they were out of stock last year when I was buying. Similar to Desk Jockey, I had my wife stitch an old cordura bag to some webbing that hangs from the hip belt, and then I have a quick release strap on the shoulder strap. Probably cost $2. Works awesome…

Seeknelk

WKR
Slik Sling rocks! I much prefer it over gunbearer. If your climbing behind someone with a gunbearer,watch that the muzzle of your gun doesn't cover the guy uphill.

LostArra

WKR
Slik Sling rocks! I much prefer it over gunbearer. If your climbing behind someone with a gunbearer,watch that the muzzle of your gun doesn't cover the guy uphill.
Same experience here. I wanted the gun bearer to work, in fact I've bought and sold two of them.

I purchased the Slik Sling on a whim as I use their Montana Bow Sling. I like both of them. Their setup videos could use some upgrading but the rifle sling is pretty easy. Using the bow sling attached to your pack does have a learning curve but I like how it can easily be turned into a regular shoulder bow sling.

rm06

WKR
Lots of good options so far. I use the SG because I have an SG pack, I like it and it works well for me. I have used the Kifaru Gun Bearer as the native unit on a Kifaru pack as well as the universal - the native is better.

I'll add to the mix that FHF is coming out with one as well, looks interesting:

Seeknelk

WKR
One thing that's huge with the Slik Sling is that you can put the gun back in with your pack still on. Easily. Some of the others I've seen, you have to take pack off and put gun in and put pack back on.

rm06

WKR
One thing that's huge with the Slik Sling is that you can put the gun back in with your pack still on. Easily. Some of the others I've seen, you have to take pack off and put gun in and put pack back on.

I used to think this was a big deal as well. When are you in such a hurry you can't drop your pack and resecure your rifle? It's a lot easier than shedding a layer

Seeknelk

WKR
I used to think this was a big deal as well. When are you in such a hurry you can't drop your pack and resecure your rifle? It's a lot easier than shedding a layer
Umm...Everytime I have to do it I'm in a big hurry 😁. Well I feel like it anyways. But I will tell you...if.your rifle is a pain to put back every time, it's less likely you get it your hand when your seeing tracks , hear something, etc. For only $25 ,why would you put up with having to take pack off would be my question.