Rifle Sling Recommendation

Crews

FNG
Since we’re talking about without a pack…

Patrol style, Rifles Only Carbine Sling. The bungee section really soaks up some of the weight. It is most comfortable if I get some stand-off from my chest with something like a HPG Kit Bag, which I’m usually wearing anyways.

Patrol style is the way to go. The tactical nerds have this part figured out.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I like the ultimate rifle sling if I’m not carrying a pack. I find it is very versatile and after a little handling it is easily adjustable.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
Several suggested this already but take a look at the Quake Claw. It is relatively inexpensive and you can find it everywhere, and it works well.

fwafwow

WKR
I ordered the 3HGR Takedown. If anyone is interested, I will report back as I don’t see it referenced much in the US

Luked

WKR
I just bought one a few weeks ago at wally world. Its a limbsaver brand sling. has a stuff rubber pad on it.
Thing I hate about the cheap slings that are nylon and padded is they slide off my shoulder and it drives me nuts having to adjust them all the time.

adamm88

WKR
Gun bearer an option i didnt see mention is limbsaver, i picked one up last spring and so far i like it better than my quick claw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the original Quake Claw, then I bought a Quake Claw Slimline, I prefer the slimline. Great sling for $25.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Give the LS Wild sling a look. As always for Roksliders, if you don't like it no questions asked return policy.

I made it to fix the problems people frequently mention, and the same ones that drove me nuts. Like most of our gear, it is made to be lightweight and exceptionally functional. It's 30% off right now.

The sling is padded, with a good dense closed cell foam, not the sucky latex stuff.
The bottom side is a rubberized nylon with texture so it doesn't slip off your shoulder, and isn't too rubbery or sticky.
The top is Cordura and water resistant, so the sling won't get filled with water like a sponge.
The sandwich of the three layers above has a little flex, so the rifle doesn't carry as heavy.
I also included easy adjustments and the webbing and slides/buckles don't need constant adjusting.

I put a buckle on the bottom of the sling so that I can run the sling over my head and unbuckle it so that I don't knock my head off.

repins05

WKR
Another vote for the ultimate gun sling. I use it with mag pul flush cups.

Used the quake claw prior to the ultimate gun sling. Great sling as well. Prefer the all rubber construction of the ultimate sling.

Been down a lot of trails on what works best for me overall. Ended up with the Quake Claw. I need a few more so I don't have to swap the two around to other rifles. Maybe there will be a great sale this coming year.

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Slik sling has been good for me. Takes the weight off your shoulder and is hands free. Quick release so gun is always accessible. And only like $30
I’ll out in another vote for this one. I will say though that it worked itself out of adjustment over time so may need a daily re-adjust to remain comfortable.

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
The FHF Gear rifle sling is great and attaches to your pack. Does not feel like it is even there. Also operates as a regular sling if you want it to.

N2TRKYS

WKR
The key features I look for in a sling is: no padding(1.25” nylon only), no rubber or anything that impedes it from sliding off your shoulder or off your back quickly, and must be one hand quick adjustable.

The Browning X-Cellerator was the perfect sling for my, but they stopped making it. They offer one like it, though.