Bag and pad systems

OP
T
You might want to look at something like this. I have the lighter one that I put in my bag.

Been looking at these to be able to cover a wider array of temps.

Ewaragnar

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for xtherm... I run an enlightened 0 degree quilt. Although I don’t think it’s a true 0 degree bag, it’s worked down to the negative range at 7k plus feet just fine. If you have some ounces to give, western mountaineering versalite is a true to advertised temp bag. It’s expensive but I doubt you’d be cold - I use one at base camps or when the 10 oz difference to my quilt is tolerable to carry.

One really important thing to think about here is how your body responds to temps and your system of choice. I sleep warm, which means I sweat. I typically end up venting a significant amount of the night if I have any layers on. I’d encourage you to spend time in the cold this winter in different bags to see how it works for you. The only way you’ll know for sure is to try out a couple systems and go from there.

Earlier in the thread, someone talked about hot water bottles. I only use these if It’s in the teens or negative, but they can be extremely effective. Just make sure the water isn’t too hot or it can burn you.