Bamboo Toothbrush

Ac338

I know it's probably a very minor weight savings but I thought I'd share anyways. I found bamboo toothbrushes at Walmart made by Equate $2.29 for a two pack. Cut it down to size I wanted and sanded the edges round. Again I'm sure its minor but I'm getting antsy and messing with my gear a little.

Attachments

tdot

I was late to join a sailboat ocean race program, the crew was pretty serious about weight savings. As a joke, I showed up with a bamboo toothbrush that I'd drilled with holes. I still pack it with me, it works awesome. Good memories, thanks for the reminder.

Attachments

OP
A

Ac338

I was late to join a sailboat ocean race program, the crew was pretty serious about weight savings. As a joke, I showed up with a bamboo toothbrush that I'd drilled with holes. I still pack it with me, it works awesome. Good memories, thanks for the reminder.
That's awesome thanks for the story. I might have to get the drill out tomorrow.

Wrench

I don't want to bust your bubble, you can save 4.9 grams and 27 seconds of your life if you just tough out bad breath.

dmess

I don't want to bust your bubble, you can save 4.9 grams and 27 seconds of your life if you just tough out bad breath.
I’m not going 7 days without brushing my teeth but I will forego the toothpaste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

No bubble burst. I'm actually able to save 30 seconds every time I brush my teeth, due to the superior grip offered by those holes, and I have fresh breath.

Ridge-Runner92

Its a wonder someone hasn't made a tooth brush head threaded to fit an arrow insert then we could loose the entire toothbrush handle on bow hunts....