Bareshaft

dkime

WKR
You’ll be just fine, screw on your Bh and test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What vane setup are you running?

I haven't bareshafted to 60 yards, I'd think the drag created by the vanes would be showing at that point. What are you using to add weight for the difference in no vanes? I usually use a few wraps of electrical tape.

Also think your going about it backwards. If your broadheads are hitting with field points that is ultimately the point

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
It is the end goal to have them hit the same and I do that every year. However the reason I did it was because the tail right in paper the day before. My shop is running by appointment only right now and I wasn’t gonna setup some paper to shoot through so I moved my rest and shot broadheads. When the target would move when it was hit by the truck that is those arrows I knew I couldn’t trust the way it was angled into the target because it moves a lot. With that said the bareshaft did point out some potential small flaws in my setup so I’m glad I’m atleast trying to make it better. I never had an issue of the vanes slowing down the fletched shaft while bareshafting I’m not sure if me having 230g up front or not helps that. They are 4 fletch max stealth. I didn’t add anything to the back of the arrow for weight, I didn’t even think about to be honest. I will see tomorrow if that screws me over or not when I shoot my broadheads.

What vane setup are you running?

I haven't bareshafted to 60 yards, I'd think the drag created by the vanes would be showing at that point. What are you using to add weight for the difference in no vanes? I usually use a few wraps of electrical tape.

Also think your going about it backwards. If your broadheads are hitting with field points that is ultimately the point

It is the end goal to have them hit the same and I do that every year. However the reason I did it was because the tail right in paper the day before. My shop is running by appointment only right now and I wasn’t gonna setup some paper to shoot through so I moved my rest and shot broadheads. When the target would move when it was hit by the truck that is those arrows I knew I couldn’t trust the way it was angled into the target because it moves a lot. With that said the bareshaft did point out some potential small flaws in my setup so I’m glad I’m atleast trying to make it better. I never had an issue of the vanes slowing down the fletched shaft while bareshafting I’m not sure if me having 230g up front or not helps that. They are 4 fletch max stealth. I didn’t add anything to the back of the arrow for weight, I didn’t even think about to be honest. I will see tomorrow if that screws me over or not when I shoot my broadheads.

It's two fold, weight on the back changes the dynamic spine, and your also eliminating drag without fletching. I think with your heavy arrow setup it gives you a little more leeway. In my experience bareshaft tuning is way easier with higher foc, but again if you are getting broadheads with your field points that is the end goal anyway. Might be helping, I don't see how its hurting.

Good shooting.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Thanks for the idea. I’ll take some to the range tomorrow before shooting broadheads and tape it and make sure it’s still good. Thanks for the help
It's two fold, weight on the back changes the dynamic spine, and your also eliminating drag without fletching. I think with your heavy arrow setup it gives you a little more leeway. In my experience bareshaft tuning is way easier with higher foc, but again if you are getting broadheads with your field points that is the end goal anyway. Might be helping, I don't see how its hurting.

Good shooting.