Barney's rain cover light wieght ideas?

Hi guys and gals was just wondering if anyone has found a light weight rain cover for the yukon pack ,I have one that I bought with the pack but it's over a 1/2 a pound ...looking for something lighter ? Thanks Jamie

colonel00

WKR
Check out this thread. Especially the 2nd and 4th post. I just made up another one pictured below that weighs in at 4oz. Not the absolute lightest and bigger than necessary for just a pack cover but it has a multitude of functions to offset the minor weight penalty.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...ter-UL-Kill-Kit-ground-sheet-hammock-possible

IMG_2422_zps3850af68.jpg

I'm sure someone like Bearpaw Designs, or Zpacks, or someone else like that could make you up a custom one out of cuben. It won't be cheap, but will weight next to nothing. I don't know what the Kool Dry pack cover that Barney's sells weighs (maybe that's the one you have), if not, you might want to check them out.

I just got the kuiu xl pack rain cover to take the place of my kooldri camo one barneys sells (to heavy). the kuiu weighs under 5oz and i really like the gunport and bungee sinch on it. i filled the thing plum full of every pillow i had in the house and it still fits it well even with the monstrous size of the yukon.

so far it seems like the best option by far, especially if you use the gun storage option of the pack.

OP
S
I'm sure someone like Bearpaw Designs, or Zpacks, or someone else like that could make you up a custom one out of cuben. It won't be cheap, but will weight next to nothing. I don't know what the Kool Dry pack cover that Barney's sells weighs (maybe that's the one you have), if not, you might want to check them out.

Thanks for the info , the kook dry is the one I have and it weighs 10.5 oz a little on the heavey side.

OP
S
I just got the kuiu xl pack rain cover to take the place of my kooldri camo one barneys sells (to heavy). the kuiu weighs under 5oz and i really like the gunport and bungee sinch on it. i filled the thing plum full of every pillow i had in the house and it still fits it well even with the monstrous size of the yukon.

so far it seems like the best option by far, especially if you use the gun storage option of the pack.

Thanks mtnclimber, that looks like the best option !

I've used a Sea-to-Summit L size with my Barneys, and it fit just fine. The specs are for a much smaller pack, but it will fit. A little over 4 oz as I recall.

yk

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member

My buddy and I also really like the KUIU pack covers. Have used them on the Kifaru T1 and the EMR II, the KUIU icon, and the Stone Glacier Sky 7400. They work great.