SGW

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I’ve started a new thread and the rifle is official for sale . Thanks everyone

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Don't forget about the fees on Gunbroker. Your best bet is to sell it yourself, factor in shipping/insurance costs and mail it to the buyer's FFL.

OP
S

SGW

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I made a mistake and tried to auction it on Rokslide without knowing the rules. Apologies to all. At this point in time I’m going to take it off the market and re group. I would like to auction it but I’m not a fan of gunbroker. Thanks to everyone that commented. Wish you all the best.

Samuel

Maverick1

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

OP
S

SGW

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your question, if you listed it here or other firearms forums for $2K, you would sell it within an hour. If you want to maximize your dollars, list it on gunbroker. You have no obligation to anybody with respect to the price for which you sell something other than honest dealings. In my opinion, you currently have the most sought after Fieldcraft there is. I know telling you what I have told you will probably anger some. However, like my comment about you owing others honest dealings, I feel in responding to your genuine question I owe you my most honest answer. Good luck with whatever route you choose.
Thank you sir for your comment. I bought this gun in October of 2018 with the intention’s of making a load for it. The magazine well length is what got my attention when buying the rifle. 3 years went by and I still have not shot the rifle. Soon I will be scheduling a trip to Zimbabwe for dangerous game, hopefully elephant but for sure Cape buffalo. I was thinking I could sell this Barrett and wait for a new Sako Classic Deluxe 375 h&h to surface. This is why I made the post today. I’ll probably end up just keeping the Barrett and buy the next new Sako that pops up. Thanks again for your comment.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
FWIW, I wouldn't bother with gunbroker. "Gun" guys can be some of the worst people to deal with and GB just seems like more trouble than it's worth. On the contrary, I've sold guns to guys on this site and all those transactions have been great.

Not that you asked, but if it was me, I'd list it here for a fair price, likely sell it in a matter of hours and save myself a huge headache by not dealing with GB.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Gents and Gals,

I have an unfired Barrett Fieldcraft 7mm-08 21” barrel. I have all the paperwork but no box. I am the original buyer and it’s been in my safe since day one. What you guys think I can get for this rifle money wise? Thanks in advance.

Here's a personal and somewhat subjective way to arrive at value/top selling price:

>I would gladly buy a Fieldcraft in 7-08 for $1,800 (msrp) because there's nothing better at $1,800.

>I would pay $2,000 if the Seller had worked through load development, provided some fired brass, load specs, maybe a set of dies. [That's a common thing when seeking a used rifle or barrel.]

>At $2,300, anyone can gather the most supreme quality hunting rifle parts...hire a capable gunsmith to chamber and fit a barrel...and ultimately own an amazing 7-08 hunting rifle that exceeds the quality of a FC 7-08.

That's one way of looking at your top selling price threshold. Two things in your favor are scarcity and at least one in the audience of prospects that can be vulnerable to getting talked into stuff.

freddyG

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a personal and somewhat subjective way to arrive at value/top selling price:

>I would gladly buy a Fieldcraft in 7-08 for $1,800 (msrp) because there's nothing better at $1,800.

>I would pay $2,000 if the Seller had worked through load development, provided some fired brass, load specs, maybe a set of dies. [That's a common thing when seeking a used rifle or barrel.]

>At $2,300, anyone can gather the most supreme quality hunting rifle parts...hire a capable gunsmith to chamber and fit a barrel...and ultimately own an amazing 7-08 hunting rifle that exceeds the quality of a FC 7-08.

That's one way of looking at your top selling price threshold. Two things in your favor are scarcity and at least one in the audience of prospects that can be vulnerable to getting talked into stuff.
What you are willing to pay has nothing to do with the value of said firearm. Now that they have been discontinued, it’s more of a collector firearm more than a tool.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I think now that Browning, Bergara, and Christensen have caught on to the lightweight, fast twist, short barrel demand with their 2022 offerings, you will see the market value of Barrett FCs, Kimber Montanas, Forbes, etc. come back to earth a little bit, and demand lessen by this fall. JMHO

CoStick

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think now that Browning, Bergara, and Christensen have caught on to the lightweight, fast twist, short barrel demand with their 2022 offerings, you will see the market value of Barrett FCs, Kimber Montanas, Forbes, etc. come back to earth a little bit, and demand lessen by this fall. JMHO
I don’t think FC come down in price. They lower weight coupled with easy accuracy and zero issues make them a unicorn.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I don’t think FC come down in price. They lower weight coupled with easy accuracy and zero issues make them a unicorn.
I had a 308 FC with a chamber that gave me plenty of issues.....wouldn't chamber/close the bolt on some factory rounds without gouging the brass. Also, it had no balance whatsoever...felt like I was just holding a stock. No thanks.

ahlgringo

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had a 308 FC with a chamber that gave me plenty of issues.....wouldn't chamber/close the bolt on some factory rounds without gouging the brass. Also, it had no balance whatsoever...felt like I was just holding a stock. No thanks.

Interesting, I have a FC 308 shorty and couldn't disagree more about the balance. I am curious if you had a suppressor or not? I do use one and I think it balances perfectly- wonder if they thought most would on the shorties. Also never ran into any chambering issues but I do reload for it and have never fired a factory round through it.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Interesting, I have a FC 308 shorty and couldn't disagree more about the balance. I am curious if you had a suppressor or not? I do use one and I think it balances perfectly- wonder if they thought most would on the shorties. Also never ran into any chambering issues but I do reload for it and have never fired a factory round through it.
I do run suppressors, and I also reload, but that was a 21 inch version that was not threaded.

I know most everybody on the slide worships the FCs, so Im not going to engage every person who wants to disagree with me because I know my opinion is not shared. But, for the record, I think 6 months from now these 5.3# CA Ridgeline FFTs in particular with the short barrels, and to a lesser degree the 6# Browning Ovix Suppressor Ready (also 5/8-24 and short barrels) are going to become the new favorites.

ahlgringo

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I do run suppressors, and I also reload, but that was a 21 inch version that was not threaded.

I know most everybody on the slide worships the FCs, so Im not going to engage every person who wants to disagree with me because I know my opinion is not shared. But, for the record, I think 6 months from now these 5.3# CA Ridgeline FFTs in particular with the short barrels, and to a lesser degree the 6# Browning Ovix Suppressor Ready (also 5/8-24 and short barrels) are going to become the new favorites.

I tend to agree, there are some really cool offerings coming out, but the fact that you can't buy one anymore will keep the FC in an elevated status. If you are honest with yourself, are you glad you parted ways with it?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I tend to agree, there are some really cool offerings coming out, but the fact that you can't buy one anymore will keep the FC in an elevated status. If you are honest with yourself, are you glad you parted ways with it?
I don't miss it one bit, No. There is a Forbes 24B 30-06 that I do regret selling, a little....but the reality is you can only use 1 rifle at a time....and every time I go on a hunt I find myself reaching for a 300 Win Mag or a 7mm Rem Mag.

I'm planning on grabbing one of those 22 inch 7 mag Ridgeline FFTs the second they come available.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What you are willing to pay has nothing to do with the value of said firearm. Now that they have been discontinued, it’s more of a collector firearm more than a tool.
Hi freddyG

My intent was to help the OP with his question. Based on your response to my post, it doesn't appear that you noticed what I was trying to communicate. Respectfully, would you be willing to read it again?

In the context of value, all mass production utility stuff has a high water mark. Keep in mind that over-priced listings with zero sales history is not a real basis. Excluding the 'collector' conjecture (if that's what someone wants to believe), a canoe-paddling rifle has a "better than" value threshold, and that's what I thought might be meaningful to share with the OP.

Am very confident about what I'd pay for a FC in 7-08, and it's not too little, unfair, or any different than what others are paying today for 2nd-owner FCs. This is not rocket surgery. :)

freddyG

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi freddyG

My intent was to help the OP with his question. Based on your response to my post, it doesn't appear that you noticed what I was trying to communicate. Respectfully, would you be willing to read it again?

In the context of value, all mass production utility stuff has a high water mark. Keep in mind that over-priced listings with zero sales history is not a real basis. Excluding the 'collector' conjecture (if that's what someone wants to believe), a canoe-paddling rifle has a "better than" value threshold, and that's what I thought might be meaningful to share with the OP.

Am very confident about what I'd pay for a FC in 7-08, and it's not too little, unfair, or any different than what others are paying today for 2nd-owner FCs. This is not rocket surgery. :)
Looking up sold prices on gunbroker isn’t rocket surgery either. Whether it’s sucks or not, online auctions show true value, or what people are willing to pay.

As to your other comments, ruger boat paddle stocks were the bastard child of Ruger 20 years ago, and now command a small fortune. History always repeats itself, and fieldcraft/Montana value is just going to go up. It baffles me why others fail to see this, especially since it happens over and over.

freddyG

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When it comes to 6# guns, most people will just buy a tikka. CA has had their own issues, so that one is up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.