Barrett Fieldcraft 7mm-08 21” unfired

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat33

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FC is about a pound lighter than a superlite tikka.

To each their own but I was never crazy about the FC, just didn’t feel good to me. Would rather have a CA Mesa, but the few I’ve seen shoot were not impressive

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
True the market dictates price. I have had very good luck buying and selling on GB, and often go to the completed items for market pricing. I'm sure the folks that own FC's now are happy to have them. Because they are now collector rifles, the price exceeds the performance. If I had $2,500-3,000 to spend on a rifle for hunting, not collecting, I would buy a used Rifles Inc. Strata, Cooper 92 Backcountry or NULA and have a rifle that outperforms an FC in every possible category. You can buy a lot of ultralight accurate rifle for that kind of money. I've owned an FC .308. Took delivery, held it in my hands, and sold it that same day for what I paid for it. The great news is we all have options in what we like and can buy.

A question to ponder is....will Barrett go back to making FC's once the catch up on the military orders? And with the Demoncrats in power, those contracts could be terminated at any time. What will those 3-year-old FC's be worth then? I just think it's a gamble right now to pay that much for an FC. But I'm not a collector, I'm a shooter/hunter. Again, it's great we can have options and opinions!

ljalberta

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A question to ponder is....will Barrett go back to making FC's once the catch up on the military orders? And with the Demoncrats in power, those contracts could be terminated at any time. What will those 3-year-old FC's be worth then? I just think it's a gamble right now to pay that much for an FC. But I'm not a collector, I'm a shooter/hunter. Again, it's great we can have options and opinions!

I was originally holding out on purchasing a FC with the hopes they would continue making them. I would email Barrett occasionally for updates. They have changed their tune from putting production on pause, to "Fieldcraft is unfortunately not going to make a return as far as we are aware. The name/brand may end up finding a new home, but for the immediate future we have no plans to bring it back."

I'm glad I ended up finding one, as I'm very impressed with Barrett's production and QC. I still hope the FC makes a return, either with Barrett, or with another manufacturer with equally high quality assurance.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any interest in trading for a FC in 30-06, I’d be willing to. 30-06 should take plenty of game in Africa IMO.

I sent you a PM as well.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True the market dictates price. I have had very good luck buying and selling on GB, and often go to the completed items for market pricing. I'm sure the folks that own FC's now are happy to have them. Because they are now collector rifles, the price exceeds the performance. If I had $2,500-3,000 to spend on a rifle for hunting, not collecting, I would buy a used Rifles Inc. Strata, Cooper 92 Backcountry or NULA and have a rifle that outperforms an FC in every possible category. You can buy a lot of ultralight accurate rifle for that kind of money. I've owned an FC .308. Took delivery, held it in my hands, and sold it that same day for what I paid for it. The great news is we all have options in what we like and can buy.

Not only is there a question of if they will but what will their incentive be. As mentioned previously, other competitors have entered into a market of LW rifles that make margins even slimmer if you aren’t selling as many rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.