Base Layer bottoms

freebird

WKR
Been looking for a while now, but I know I need to replace my under armor gear. Been looking at bottoms and so far the only bottom that I have checked seems like it might be pretty warm is the Sitka heavyweight core bottom.
The first lite furnace is sold out until mid summer.
Have looked on the web at the Krytek and Kuiu. Are there any other brands I should take a look at?

Skre merino is nice but I still prefer the kuiu zip off stuff.

Sitka traverse, Sitka core heavyweight, kuiu Peloton 200 and Kuiu Peloton 97 are the warmest I can think of. When I need true heavyweight base warmth merino is not the answer.

Which model under armor bottoms do you have now?

Doverpack12, they are very old....probably bought them 10 years ago. I figure if I buy a piece here and there then I will have some decent gear for next year

Just bought the kuiu pelotons last year to replace my under armor base layers. They worked great, and the zip off feature cant be beat.

I have the Under Armour Base 3.0 and 4.0. Both feel a touch warmer than the Sitka Heavy to me, but not by much. I feel like the Under Armour stuff is pretty underrated. I picked up 3 tops and 3 bottoms at varying weights for $22 each at Marshalls last winter. Tough to beat that.

I love my Kuiu merino bottoms. The short inseam and full leg zip are both perfect for me. That said, I have the 145 merino and it's definitely not as warm as other heavier base layers, but it's perfect for me. I haven't tried the 210 weight.

Been looking for a while now, but I know I need to replace my under armor gear. Been looking at bottoms and so far the only bottom that I have checked seems like it might be pretty warm is the Sitka heavyweight core bottom.
The first lite furnace is sold out until mid summer.
Have looked on the web at the Krytek and Kuiu. Are there any other brands I should take a look at?

We have Kaibab Merino Wool Bottoms and Wasatch Bottoms currently with Kanati 300 GSM bottoms coming this year. Please send me a message if you'd like to chat more about Skre. Thanks!

Best,
Tim

Back