Basemaps

lsummey

FNG
Hello, excited to be here ! I'm Looking into Basemaps or others possibly. I'm headed to Colorado for an OTC Archery Elk hunt. The 2 MOST Important features to me are Boundaries and the record tracking so I have zero worries about finding my way back to camp. Any opinions on this would be Awesome!! Thanks for your time !!

Oregonboy

WKR
I use Basemap on iPhone and don't have any issues with it. They have all the features you're looking for.

satchamo

WKR
Honestly I think basemap is a piece of hot garbage….

Onx is far more refined and worth the additional cost

street

WKR
I'm giving basemap a run this year. So far not too bad. Seems a little slow sometimes with zooming and unzooming.

1Arrow

FNG
I also have basemap and have never had a problem with it. It has everything I'm looking for.

OP
lsummey

lsummey

FNG
Thanks for All the reply's I appreciate It !!!!! Good Luck this year !!

OP
lsummey

lsummey

FNG
I use Basemap on iPhone and don't have any issues with it. They have all the features you're looking for.
Thanks for the reply. Will basemaps record your track even with no signal Sorry just don't know much about these GPS'S LOL I hunt whitetails here in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana etc.....

BaseMap

Thanks for the reply. Will basemaps record your track even with no signal Sorry just don't know much about these GPS'S LOL I hunt whitetails here in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana etc.....
Great question. As long as you have downloaded an offline map and put the app in Offline Mode, it will record a track. You do have to click the button to record the track. Once you have service again, anything you do offline will sync up with your account.

backcountrybutcher

Lil-Rokslider
They all do what you are looking for...... onX is just 2-3x as much but it does feel a bit more refined. Basemap has come a long way and is a great hunting tool for me.

BDRam16

WKR
GoHunt also has mobile maps now included with their membership. It still needs some refining, but for being available for about a month it’s a pretty good product.

I use Onyx with tracking to prove I didn't trespass. Ranchers always look surprised when I show em.

OP
lsummey

lsummey

FNG
Great question. As long as you have downloaded an offline map and put the app in Offline Mode, it will record a track. You do have to click the button to record the track. Once you have service again, anything you do offline will sync up with your account.
Thanks for the info. So if I'm recording my track hiking through the backcountry and I lose signal and don't know it....... it will stop tracking? That's NOT GOOD!

BaseMap

If you are in offline mode, you will still be connected to satellites which are tracking your location. If you are not offline and loss your cell signal, you will have issues as it will not be able to load maps.

I've used OnX but yet to use it on a hunt. So far I am enjoying all the features it provides and it's not too expensive.

BSwartz

FNG
I have used them both on the same trips. Cant tell a difference in the two. Except for the price