Basic and Light: 16.5” Tikka T3x

Just got my 16.5” Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor barreled action back. I’m going to run the factory stock with the vertical grip mod and cheek riser. Scope is 13.5 oz Leupold VX3HD 3.5-10x40 CDS-ZL. Banish Backcountry suppressor.

8.5 lbs rigged out. Will make a fine Tennessee deer rifle. 123 grain SST handload ladder ready to test.

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7584.jpeg

Tiny

FNG
Nice looking rig. I'm looking to light weight a tikka as well, have LRI flute the barrel and get a Brown precision pounder stock. hopefully it will be under 5 pounds before accessories.

feanor

WKR
I have a compact 6.5 coming in and will be essentially doing the same as you did with barrel length and thread. Should be fun!

Tiny

FNG
not sure if you have noticed, but my groups open up when I take my suppressor off, or if I work up a load without a suppressor the group gets tighter when the suppressor goes on. I now only work up loads without the suppressor, then throw it on and see how much better it gets. I've also used magnum primers in my Creedmoor just to see how much FPS I gain over the standard LR, I do not suggest this if your near max charge. but if your looking for an extra 50FPS try it our.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s a cool setup. I have a t3x superlite 6.5 that I want to get rebarreld with something shorter than the 24” factory barrel for a setup kind of like yours.

mt100gr.

WKR
That’s a cool setup. I have a t3x superlite 6.5 that I want to get rebarreld with something shorter than the 24” factory barrel for a setup kind of like yours.
Same here. I love the velocity of my superlite w/ RL26, but I haven't even touched that rifle since I started buying suppressors. I'll likely just get mine chopped tho, vs rebarrel.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Same here. I love the velocity of my superlite w/ RL26, but I haven't even touched that rifle since I started buying suppressors. I'll likely just get mine chopped tho, vs rebarrel.
I’m right there with you. I just got a Seekins havak element 6.5 that has a 21” barrel which I can live with and a tikka 30-06 with an 18” barrel but a nice compact 6.5 would be great.

OP
General RE LEE
What kind of cheek riser did you use? Do you think the finger knobs will get in the way or snag when hunting? I have been thinking something with flush hardware requiring an alien key might be preferable, set it and forget it. I might be overthinking, and imagining a problem

It’s a Matthew’s Fabrication cheek riser. $40 on Amazon. Install instruction video on You Tube and paper instructions included with packaging.

I don’t foresee the knobs getting snagged although I don’t stalk. I walk to my tree stand or blind on trails or a field.