Basic and Light: 16.5” Tikka T3x

What kind of cheek riser did you use? Do you think the finger knobs will get in the way or snag when hunting? I have been thinking something with flush hardware requiring an alien key might be preferable, set it and forget it. I might be overthinking, and imagining a problem
I have the same one with knobs on 2 different guns and spot n stalk year round and it's not an issue. If you want one that isn't permanent but you can swap on different rifles check out the Bradley cheek riser that's another nice option but more expensive.

What kind of cheek riser did you use? Do you think the finger knobs will get in the way or snag when hunting? I have been thinking something with flush hardware requiring an alien key might be preferable, set it and forget it. I might be overthinking, and imagining a problem
I have a stock with a thumb screw on the outside that I hunt with. Will it hang up on something sure but for me it was very minimal to the point I had to really think about it when I read your comment. I also have a stock the requires an Allen key to adjust the comb. It’s flush and can’t snag but on the flip side if it worked itself loose out in the field I don’t carry the key to adjust it. Pros and cons for both…

OP
General RE LEE
Barrel cut and threading was $130 completed by Southern Precision Rifle aka Bug Holes. I'm lucky that one of the national premier custom rifle builders moved to my area.

Hnthrdr

WKR
OP does this mean you are liking your suppressor more? I have a t3x stainless in 6.5cm coming in, was going to just rebarrel to a 6cm but I might just keep it how it is, chop the barrel short and use it for a while

OP
General RE LEE
OP does this mean you are liking your suppressor more? I have a t3x stainless in 6.5cm coming in, was going to just rebarrel to a 6cm but I might just keep it how it is, chop the barrel short and use it for a while

100%. Rifle is compact and light as a toy. 8.5 lbs totally rigged out vs 10.5 lbs.

OP
General RE LEE

I would absolutely enjoy that 6.5 CM for a while. There is a reason it’s so popular.

I just got the superlite in 6.5 CM and will start the suppressor buy this week. I’m gonna have it cut to 18”. Gonna be fun!
Aftermarket light stock someday but I’ll roll with this for a while.

OP
General RE LEE
I just got the superlite in 6.5 CM and will start the suppressor buy this week. I’m gonna have it cut to 18”. Gonna be fun!
Aftermarket light stock someday but I’ll roll with this for a while.

Don’t discount the factory stock. It’s light and the Tikka soft touch vertical grip is a good upgrade. Some tremendous accuracy can be had with the rifle plain stock.

mt100gr.

WKR
There’s my 18” 30-06, it’s been cut to 18”, has the TBAC ultra 7, sportsmatch rings with nightforce shv 3-10, limbsaver and high desert bottom metal.

Ughh...I have a T3 Superlite in '06 that needs chopped and threaded, too. Another dust collector until it can wear a suppressor.

What are you loading in that 18 incher?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ughh...I have a T3 Superlite in '06 that needs chopped and threaded, too. Another dust collector until it can wear a suppressor.

What are you loading in that 18 incher?
I load a pretty basic 62g of h4831 with a 180g accubond in lapua brass. It’s insanely accurate. I keep it shooting like 3” high at 100yds. One of my favorite guns.

I’ve also worked up good loads for it with 165g partitions/h4350 and the 150g ttsx but is need to look what powder I used for that one.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s a sick setup!
Thanks, its got my SWFA 3-9 on it now. I'm hoping to get an nx2 2.5-10 for it at some point. I also want to install a pic rail on it but I'm hesitant to drill into it. Its not like a tikka where I can get a take off stock for fairly cheap to replace it if I mangle something.