BC Lynx hunt

I decided to make a decent effort at lynx hunting this year. I am lucky to have them right where I live and even in my yard so it only takes a short drive to my hunting area. This first time I got out this january I had a great day. My foxpro called in two cats within 1.5hrs of each other. I managed to miss them both! I spent 5 more days hunting with no luck.
It was the last day of the season and I had to will myself to go out. I couldnt find any fresh tracks in the fresh snow so I snow shoed a bit into the area I called a cat into a couple weeks previous. I was starting to get bored with my calling set and glanced down at my foxpro remote to see how long I had been calling for. I couldnt see the timer so I reached down and grabbed it. As I read 14 minutes I caught movement! A lynx had come in between me and my call sitting 75 yards away and spotted my movement. It sat down in a willow patch staring right at me. I froze until it looked over to my decoy. The cat looked back at me as I raised my 22wmr. I had so lynx fever going on as the reticle danced around the cats head. As he was in the willows I only had a clear head shot. I calmed myself and the CZ512 barked. I saw the cat drop at the impact of the 30gr vnt. I sat for awhile without moving. It had been a fun morning and I enjoyed taking my first Lynx!
LoZs2db.jpg

Erict

WKR
Nice - thanks for the pics. I'm a big fan of my 17 WSM but refreshing to see someone using the 17 HMR for the appropriately sized game.

How much did your lynx weigh?

OP
swampthing
Nice - thanks for the pics. I'm a big fan of my 17 WSM but refreshing to see someone using the 17 HMR for the appropriately sized game.

How much did your lynx weigh?
I didnt weigh it but it was a small female. The first one that I missed earlier in the season was much larger and darker in color. He will be the type of fellow I will be looking for next year!