Bear Hide

JeffP_Or

WKR
I would think it is just fine - your taxi will be able to tell right away. I would not thaw it completely before taking it in to him though as he may have to refreeze it before he can get it fleshed and salted. Talk with him. I've had straight beef tallow for sausage last longer; when it went bad though it went fast and you could tell - discolored and rank smelling [even when frozen].

If it is a frost-free freezer the chances are worse as the cycling can shorten the length of time it will be safe but if you've kept it at a particularly cold setting, the better off you'll be.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I've left black bear hides in a freezer for over 2 years and they were fine. It was put in the freezer within 2-3 days of shooting it and after it was sealed.

I had one in the freezer from June 2020. I just fleshed it a couple of weeks ago and it's tanning in the garage right now. Fleshed out just fine.

Smtn10pt

FNG
I prepped and shipped a bear hide out last year for a guy that had it in his freezer for 15 years! He said it was in there for "awhile" when I thawed it out the tag said 2006! It turned out just fine.