What's the coolest thing you've done with a bear hide?

I’ve got a wall rug and a 1/2 body mount. Could have shot a small bear this fall with my bow, but I didn’t know what I’d do with the hide. After I got home I was looking online and saw the ones just tanned and hung like a coyote that I liked - if I’d seen those earlier I may have shot the one I had a chance to.

MTtrout

WKR
I have one that isn’t rugged and hanging in the gear room.

When I was a kid we would stay at a family friends cabin in the Adirondack. He might of cased his, not sure but he had one drooped from nearly every step going up to the top floor. Coolest thing. He also had many rugs as well. Most of his hunting was done by canoe.

Watching this thread. I have a Kodiak brown being tanned now. Trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Full mount is out of the question.

Shadowden

FNG
The coolest thing I ever saw done with a bear was two half body mounts. A front half for one side of a wall and a back half for the other side.
Do you happen to know who did this mount? What I have always wanted for my bear mount was a bear climbing through an old window. I have an image in my head, but would definately need an artist to pull it off.

I am just now getting more serious about bear. I did an archery hynt in Idaho many years ago, but that was it.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I saw one that Clay Newcomb had hanging up. It was case skinned like you would a coyote or wolf the next time I kill a bear I’m gonna do it like that.
Dwight Schuh had several cased out like that. Pretty cool.

buffybr

FNG
Getting the kids out of the house for a night, and then laying it on the floor in front of the fire place turned out pretty cool.
I did that once when I lived in Steamboat Spgs, CO. But at that time I was a Pro Ski Patrolman at the Steamboat Ski Area, and before my plan on the bear rug got started, I got a call from the ski area that I had to go back to the ski hill for a night search for a lost skier.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
I did that once when I lived in Steamboat Spgs, CO. But at that time I was a Pro Ski Patrolman at the Steamboat Ski Area, and before my plan on the bear rug got started, I got a call from the ski area that I had to go back to the ski hill for a night search for a lost skier.
Bummer. Could delaying the search for 3 minutes make that big of a difference?