Bear smell!

Mechanicsburg

Lil-Rokslider
Simple question but I can’t find the answer. Killed my first bear this year and got fat and blood in some of my clothes . WOW is there anyway to get the smell out of them or is it there for life!
Thanks

MJB

WKR
Go to the diy car wash and use the degreaser and let them soak it in......or live with it as your new scent cover up!

I got bear blood and fat on my stuff before and I've had no issues... but, most of the hunting I do is in the mountains where they can't get into garbage or rotting salmon so maybe the bear you shot had been visiting the local dump?

OP
M

Mechanicsburg

Lil-Rokslider
I got bear blood and fat on my stuff before and I've had no issues... but, most of the hunting I do is in the mountains where they can't get into garbage or rotting salmon so maybe the bear you shot had been visiting the local dump?
Yes he was 2 weeks out of hibernation and eating garbage basically

7mm-08

WKR
You need to get that bacterial matter out of your clothes and Dawn is awesome for that. After the clothes have been soaked and rinsed, consider using an ozone generator with your clothes hanging in the closed canopy of a pickup for 8 hours. Careful with inhaling the ozone - it is toxic to living creatures including humans, animals and plants. The clothes will have a solvent smell after ozone treatment, but that can be cured by hanging your clothes outside for a few days.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
I've never experienced what you're talking about after hunting bear. Good luck getting rid of the odor.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Dawn. Oxyclean. Simple Green. Soak and wash. If that doesn't do it with a couple of reps. then I would go with the Ozone suggestion.

One of my dogs took a direct shot from a skunk. I used the dawn, peroxide, and baking soda method. Removed it out of her fur after two baths. Had to use it on myself too.

Peroxide may bleach your clothes so spot check first or substitute for something else.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
One of my dogs took a direct shot from a skunk. I used the dawn, peroxide, and baking soda method. Removed it out of her fur after two baths. Had to use it on myself too.

Peroxide may bleach your clothes so spot check first or substitute for something else.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Had good success with this