Beceite Ibex in spain

4IDARCHER

WKR
Anyone ever hunt Spain for Beceite ibex? I might be traveling there next May for a hunt and looking for tips for those that have done the hunt. I really wanted to bowhunt them but this hunt will be a combo hunt/anniversary trip and might be a pain to try and drag a bow all throughout Spain when the hunt is done. The country looks beautiful and it would be awesome to try the "old world" hunting out.

OP
4IDARCHER

4IDARCHER

WKR
That looks awesome. I would really like to take my bow, just trying to wrap my head around how to get it there and back without dragging it all around the country.

I went in Nov of 2017 and killed an Ibex on the first day, a Beciete, it was a lot of fun but I shot the wrong Billy! My fault and I truly did not care. Either way, great time all around, incredible terrain to bowhunt in as well. I hunted through Real Big 5, Henry Skeffington. My guide was Jose and he was an absolute blast to be around. I was supposed to go back for Gredos later on and ended up not going, but my buddy went and he got a nice one very early in his hunt.

Take bow, ship it home... pretty easy!

https://www.realbig5.com/2017 Ibex.jpg

My wife and I are headed there in October to hunt Gredos and Mouflon. The first half of our trip will be hunting with the back end vacationing. The outfitter is picking us up at the airport and taking us back at the tail end of the trip. You could always go with an outfitter that will accommodate holding onto it while you travel around if you don't want to ship it home. We are flying into Madrid and staying places accessible by high-speed train. The outfitter helped with booking all of our hotels and getting train tickets. I am rifle hunting and just decided to use one of theirs instead of worrying about it. When we went to South Africa we hired a security company to meet us at the airport and take my rifle to storage while we travelled around. They brought my rifle back to the airport when we were leaving. They might have services like this in Spain but I'd still find an outfitter willing to take care of this if flying in and out of the same city.