Belt mounted bino pouch

FCMD

FNG
I have wasted hundreds and bought just about every bino pouch and shoulder harness out there and just absolutely hate them. I can't stand having them on my chest and prefer the African carry on my left hip (Leica Geovids/Swaro 10 x 42) .

I just got back from an ele hunt in Zim and used a Rick Young Bino Harness for African carry and liked it- felt comfortable. The only problem with those is that it is a harness and the binos are not enclosed. Going this fall for a peninsula brown bear hunt and I'd like to be able to keep the binos at my hip and out of the Alaskan rain (and African dust).

Does anyone make an enclosed bino case that straps onto the frame belt (Kifaru Bikini & Barney's) and/or also be able to slip it on a canvas hunting ammo/light/knife belt ? Or do I have to buy Molle straps and rig up a pouch myself? In looking at the Marsupial enclosed bag, seems as if I can get some male ends and strapping & work up a rigging to do so. Thanks in advance.

Randle

WKR
I have nimrod bino pouch that has 2 in belt slot and velcro straps that you can undo and slide it into molle it works great and quiet one handed opening
Hill people gear also makes a bino pouch that might work for you

Last edited:
SeekOutside makes a XL pouch. i just ordered to try myself.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 9.04.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 9.04.01 AM.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 47
Have you tried using a Kifaru Large belt pouch on your belt as a bino holder?

I use a medium belt pouch on my HPG Recon Kit Bag sometimes and it works perfect for my Leupold 8x42’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
I use a fanny pack and carry my binos, and real small video camera. As I hate the chest type also.

Hill people.

I also played with a molle belt pouch and a liner insert designed for NVGs. They work fine for binos. If you are think8ng about your pack belt, I experimented with the idea and did not care for them on my pack belt. Too many times I put my pack down and still waned my binos. They seemed to get thrown around a bit as well when moving my pack around.

OP
F

FCMD

FNG
I appreciate the ideas.

I am looking for both- to put on my pack and on my "utility" belt.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
It’s not fancy, but Leupold has a $20 Go Afield harness with Molle loops instead of shoulder straps.

valtteri

FNG
I know the OP specifically said he hates chest rigs but here’s my two cents: I also hated the chest bino harness until I got the buckle kit for my Marsupial. No harness, the bino pouch straps on to the backpack’s shoulder straps.

Somehow removing the separate bino harness just did it for me. I never liked having two sets of straps (bino harness and backpack shoulder straps) and I’d get a sore neck from the bino harness. With the buckle kit, the weight of the binos actually balance the weight on my back, making for even more comfortable carry.

just throwing this out there as an option.