Benchmade nestucca

Jesseg122

FNG
Anyone ever use the benchmade nestucca? I know there discontinued but theres some still floating around the internet. I've been interested in it for a while now and wanting some feedback from you guys if you have one or have ever used one for meat processing or for camp food work etc.

Attachments

• Nestucca_Cleaver01.jpg
    Nestucca_Cleaver01.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 38

Wapiti1

WKR
I have not used that particular knife, but have used similar designs. For skinning and breaking down, they are great. They work OK for other tasks, but I didn't find it very useful on small tasks. You need a finer tip for tasks like caping, or small game.

Paired with a small drop point knife it is a good setup. Alone, it isn't versatile enough.

Jeremy

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
I have not used that particular knife, but have used similar designs. For skinning and breaking down, they are great. They work OK for other tasks, but I didn't find it very useful on small tasks. You need a finer tip for tasks like caping, or small game.

Paired with a small drop point knife it is a good setup. Alone, it isn't versatile enough.

Jeremy
I

Jeremy
I understand what your saying. It was designed after the ulu so it would only be reasonable to be used for skinning and breaking down. I figure it would be good to have for processing salmon and steelhead while out doing overnight flyfishing trips in my area as well as having it in my pack for big game breakdown