Bergara Warranty/Customer Service

Unckebob

WKR
I had a Bergara (forgot the model). It shot so poorly that I could not get it sighted in and had to take my 243 on an Axis deer hunt. I sold it rather than fight it.

I admit to my mediocre shooting ability, but the Savage High Country 6.5CM that replaced the Bergara easily shoots groups inside 1-MOA for me,

OP
General RE LEE
Update

I received the rifle back today. The notes say they did a rebarrel and paint job. They also included a target.

I will say so far the customer service experience has been exceptional. I will hopefully get to the range tomorrow and report back.

Attachments

• A0D8BFDD-1B0E-42CB-9818-1C3870B4FD3C.jpeg
    A0D8BFDD-1B0E-42CB-9818-1C3870B4FD3C.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 55
  • D196013C-D6CC-4C70-BE06-9F81411882D8.jpeg
    D196013C-D6CC-4C70-BE06-9F81411882D8.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
General RE LEE
A+ customer service from Bergara. They replaced the barrel on my rifle and shipped it back no charge. Now it shoots sub MOA.

Attachments

• 007299F1-59BB-4382-8961-261060C24F6E.jpeg
    007299F1-59BB-4382-8961-261060C24F6E.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 11EF011C-0CD4-49B2-BD99-FB8BFE49F15F.jpeg
    11EF011C-0CD4-49B2-BD99-FB8BFE49F15F.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 66

Rocky723

FNG
That’s awesome to hear you got your rifle fix and hopefully you will start to enjoy it as much as it should be enjoyed. I had a problem with Bergara as well and they were very helpful on helping us fix it. It was a 6.5 CM wilderness ridge and we took it out to the range. Shot a group and 3/5 shots didn’t even hit the 6”x6” paper at 100 yards after getting it as close as we could. We thought it could just be the break in process so we kept shooting. After about 60 rds we finally decided something was wrong. Instantly hopped on some of the threads and did some research and came up with the possibility the pillars were painted over. Sure enough they were we fixed it made sure EVERYTHING was to spec and went to shoot again. That somehow made it worse🤦‍♂️. We stopped shooting after 2 groups and having a 12” group on 4 separate peoces of paper. It looked like Hellen Keller was shooting this gun. We hadn’t tried any other ammo yet so next step was to try the next ammo. Ordered up some 140 ELD-M Hornady and went out to shoot it. 2nd group was less then .5 moa. No joke the difference between ammo changed from 12” groups to .5 inch groups. If you want the entire write I did a detailed explaining over on Facebook in the group Bergara Enthusiasts. Just look up Timothy Worthington if anyone wants to read it and see pictures of everything.

OP
General RE LEE
That’s awesome to hear you got your rifle fix and hopefully you will start to enjoy it as much as it should be enjoyed. I had a problem with Bergara as well and they were very helpful on helping us fix it. It was a 6.5 CM wilderness ridge and we took it out to the range. Shot a group and 3/5 shots didn’t even hit the 6”x6” paper at 100 yards after getting it as close as we could. We thought it could just be the break in process so we kept shooting. After about 60 rds we finally decided something was wrong. Instantly hopped on some of the threads and did some research and came up with the possibility the pillars were painted over. Sure enough they were we fixed it made sure EVERYTHING was to spec and went to shoot again. That somehow made it worse🤦‍♂️. We stopped shooting after 2 groups and having a 12” group on 4 separate peoces of paper. It looked like Hellen Keller was shooting this gun. We hadn’t tried any other ammo yet so next step was to try the next ammo. Ordered up some 140 ELD-M Hornady and went out to shoot it. 2nd group was less then .5 moa. No joke the difference between ammo changed from 12” groups to .5 inch groups. If you want the entire write I did a detailed explaining over on Facebook in the group Bergara Enthusiasts. Just look up Timothy Worthington if anyone wants to read it and see pictures of everything.

Yep I’m on that FB group as well. You’ll see my recent post.

In the notes they recrowned muzzle, checked headspace, lapped bolt lugs, test fired it and it failed their accuracy test. They just slapped on a new barrel, test fired it and got sub MOA and shipped it back.

I can tell right away this bore is much better. No where near as much copper fouling and much more accurate. Previous bore had tons of copper blue patches with flakes of copper and was a hot mess.

Rocky723

FNG
Yep I’m on that FB group as well. You’ll see my recent post.

In the notes they recrowned muzzle, checked headspace, lapped bolt lugs, test fired it and it failed their accuracy test. They just slapped on a new barrel, test fired it and got sub MOA and shipped it back.

I can tell right away this bore is much better. No where near as much copper fouling and much more accurate. Previous bore had tons of copper blue patches with flakes of copper and was a hot mess.
Glad to hear it. I’ll go take a look at your post now

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
I just sent a cva Cascade into them this week. The customer service guy said oh must be a crowning issue, as if they've had a lot of them. I hope mine turns out as good as yours did.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
I just sent my Wilderness HMR 6.5 PRC back to Bergara today. After 200 rounds, the rifle could never do better than a 5 shot 1.5” group. It could sub MOA occasionally on 2-3 shots but fliers always followed. I’ve also never seen a bore copper foul so rapidly. 40 shots from bare steel and it would be shooting 2” groups and patches were solid blue. I even found copper flakes. I’ve checked the stock, swapped scopes, verify torque values, installed a Trigger Tech, etc and no improvement.

Has anyone sent their rifle to Bergara and got their issue solved? Hoping honestly I get a rebarrel. The one I got should be a tomato plant stake.
I set up a b14 300wm for my brother it would shoot a nice group and then throw a flyer took it to a buddies to find a load for it couldn’t find anything to shoot scheels swapped it out for me next one was fine