Bergara Wildneress Ridge vs Howa Carbon Stalker

I’m going to be picking up a new rifle soon, I was originally looking at getting the new Ruger American gen ii or Savage 110 but recently thought about going up a tier. The rifle will be chambered in 7prc, I have a buddy who reloads and will be getting a 7prc this year as well.

Narrowed it down to the Bergara wilderness ridge and Howa Carbon Stalker. Anyone have experience with the two? They’re about the same price but the Howa is 12 ounces lighter.

Open to other suggestions as well.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Howa is a solidly built rifle and better than a 700 action IMO. Bergara will likely have a better fit and finish. Are you gonna shoot it with a suppressor? If so I'd look at muzzle threads and factor suppressor into the weight. Have heard Bergara can be hit or miss on accuracy. Both companies are reported to not have the best customer service.

I know 7 PRC is all the rage but if I were you I'd look at a 6.5 PRC Barreled Action from Brownells with the Carbon Barrel. Comes threaded 5/8x24 and then you can drop it in whatever stock you want.

OP
jnawalaniec
Howa is a solidly built rifle and better than a 700 action IMO. Bergara will likely have a better fit and finish. Are you gonna shoot it with a suppressor? If so I'd look at muzzle threads and factor suppressor into the weight. Have heard Bergara can be hit or miss on accuracy. Both companies are reported to not have the best customer service.

I know 7 PRC is all the rage but if I were you I'd look at a 6.5 PRC Barreled Action from Brownells with the Carbon Barrel. Comes threaded 5/8x24 and then you can drop it in whatever stock you want.
Thanks for the info. I ended up finding a tikka t3x in 7rm for $500 and couldn’t pass it up.