Best 3 Pin Hunting Sight?

Aklint

FNG
I just sold my MBG Pro 3 Pin Slider as I felt the micro adjust on the pins was not quite as precise as I had hoped for. I realize that Spot Hogg is the bombproof option however the weight has kept me away. Do I need a few more protein shakes or are there any other reliable slider sights I should be looking at for western hunts along with white tail woods use? Thanks all!

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
I have the spot hogg triple stack. It is heavy, however nothing that would make me get rid of it. I love it. The pins sit on top each other in the middle of the housing with no obstruction on the left and right. I set mine for 30, 40, 50 and it covers 90 percent of what I do.

Easy to adjust tooless and each pin is micro adjustable.

Customer service was great. Had a small issue. Sent it in, came back quickly.

Cubby

WKR
I just ordered a Montana black gold mountain accent 3 pin slider with the .010 pins and really like it, it was quite expensive but I figured if I use 2k scopes on my rifles money wasn't an issue when it came to a new site.

OP
A

Aklint

FNG
Thank you! Great points which further validate my search requirements; MBG pin brightness with Spot Hogg durability!

TSAMP

WKR
I am shopping around myself for a recent new bow purchase. Spott Hogg had my eye until I saw the weight. Its bascially double my current MBG 3 pin adjustable. The guy at the shop looked at me like I asked for soy milk when I pointed out the weight and simply said he's never weighed any equipment on his bow. I am used to beating details to death as an engineer but was suprised by his response.

Ill probably just order the bracket to mount my current MBG to the bridgelock system

spot hogg is dramatically more robust than MBG. also, once you get to similar features, the weights are within a couple of ounces. The 3 pin horizontal set up is much lighter than the triple stack.

I have no complaints with my tommie hogg 5 pin, it replaced a MBG ascent verdict 5 pin dovetail. I can get the same distance from the riser, the mount is thinner, and the MRS is awesome. well worth the 2 oz penalty.

TSAMP

WKR
spot hogg is dramatically more robust than MBG. also, once you get to similar features, the weights are within a couple of ounces. The 3 pin horizontal set up is much lighter than the triple stack.

I have no complaints with my tommie hogg 5 pin, it replaced a MBG ascent verdict 5 pin dovetail. I can get the same distance from the riser, the mount is thinner, and the MRS is awesome. well worth the 2 oz penalty.
That's a fair point. I was not certain it was an apples to apples comparison besides they each had 3 pins and were adjustable. I like the MRS, although I've read there are issues with it contacting the riser on a in-line mount.

Pramo

WKR
I had Spott Hogg, Black Gold, CBE and Option over the years and prefer option archery it’s still lighter than my spot Hogg which is on my backup bow now and has been bullet proof. Only sight to fail me was a black gold.

With 3 pins do an option 4 and line the rover pin with the bottom pin

rclouse79

WKR
I am really liking the Fast Eddy triple stack. I have not noticed the extra weight shooting it or lugging it around.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I tried the SH triple stack when they first came out. I hated that thing and sent it back. It didn’t hold a candle to the HHA sights I was use to.

rclouse79

WKR
I tried the SH triple stack when they first came out. I hated that thing and sent it back. It didn’t hold a candle to the HHA sights I was use to.
I had an HHA before and liked it, although the dial on the model I had made it hard to mount and quiver. I ended up using a quivalizer while I had it. My current SH seems to be very robust and works flawlessly. I like the different rings you can switch out as well. I am curious what in particular you didn't care for.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I had an HHA before and liked it, although the dial on the model I had made it hard to mount and quiver. I ended up using a quivalizer while I had it. My current SH seems to be very robust and works flawlessly. I like the different rings you can switch out as well. I am curious what in particular you didn't care for.
Felt heavy to me, pins weren’t as bright as my HHA pins, and had some cheap looking clear plastic piece on top of the housing that I didn’t like. The only half way decent thing about it to me was that you could take the ring off the front of the housing.

I’ve heard of folks having issues with mounting a quiver with HHA sights, but I’ve never experienced that with the two different HHA sight models that I’ve had.

I had a fast Eddie triple stack, it's definitely heavy. Mine weighed 13.5 oz(not the xl) just replaced it with a cbe trek pro 3 pin .010 pins. I prefer having horizontal pins. I just cant aim as well with the bottom 2 on a triple stack. I could see the post from both sides. And the weight. Also wish the fast Eddie would clamp the sliding rail instead of the wheel. I tried to loosen the rail to make it slide easier. But no matter how tight I made the lock it would move after a couple shots. So the lock on it barely works. But it's definitely overbuilt. I'm really liking the trek pro. Also should check out the axcel landslyde. My buddy has one and it's pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Never had a problem except a screw got lost once. Emailed them and they sent one right out. Their CS is top notch. I have three MBG sights, one on each bow. I am notoriously rough on stuff and no problems yet.

Reactions: Duh
Don’t sleep on the CBE Trek Pro. I shot it last year and loved it. Hard to beat it for $350. The carbon extension bar makes for only an 11 oz. rig. All 3 axes adjust and 2 scale markers. Comes with a few different scope housing ring colors. It also has a little window slide for adjusting the ambient light to the fibers.

@StraightWayOutdoors
Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, CBE, Slick Trick, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Pine Ridge Archery, Sevr, Bloodline Fibers, Element Archery, Spypoint

The CBE’s and the Axcels are good options as well if you aren’t worried about the extra weight.

MBG’s have worked great for me over the years. Have had at least a dozen of them and currently have three now.