Best all around pack

Wassid82

WKR
If you're interested in Kifaru, which it sounds like you are, it's probably worth giving them a call and asking what they would recommend for your situation. No one knows their products like they do and I've always had good conversations with their customer service.
a few years back I started going to Sheepshow just so I could try on each pack on my list and compare how they fit my body and understand all of their functions. I think it was incredible how I was so certain on purchasing one of the high end packs. After trying them all on in the space of an hour I went in an entirely different direction. I would recommend going to a sportsman expo just for that it might save you lots of money and time in the long run.

a few years back I started going to Sheepshow just so I could try on each pack on my list and compare how they fit my body and understand all of their functions. I think it was incredible how I was so certain on purchasing one of the high end packs. After trying them all on in the space of an hour I went in an entirely different direction. I would recommend going to a sportsman expo just for that it might save you lots of money and time in the long run.
More detail on this?

Wassid82

WKR
More detail on this?
Sheep show the wild sheep foundation yearly event in Reno NV. I had done my research and narrowed the packs down to kifaru, Kuiu, Mystery Ranch, and EXO. I was able to try them all on because vendors have product there. I was almost certain before the show that I would buy a Kifaru Nomad. but when I tried on the pack it just didn't fit me as well. instead one of the mystery ranch pack fit better and had a sweet gun attachment. I ended up going with that pack. I used that back a couple of years and then sold it here on the classified forum. maybe ill regret it who knows.....but I wanted to cut some weight.

WoodChuck

FNG
I like the Mystery Ranch Cabinet because I can fold in the wing pockets and collapse everything down for a tidy day pack and it easily expands to carry extra gear for longer hunts or meat when needed. The MR frame is pretty adjustable and comfortable for me even when hauling elk quarters. Small enough for a day pack but expandable enough to carry everything needed for several days. I don't know why MR discontinued the Cabinet, but there are still some around.

Take a look at the Kifaru Fulcrum. I purchased it mainly as a western backcountry multi day pack, but it’s extremely versatile and compresses down into a daypack very well. It can also expand out and be a 10 day pack if need be.

Sure, it’s heavy as a daypack, but if I am hauling around a day pack an extra pound or two isn’t going to kill me. There are lighter packs out there, but you would be hard pressed to find something more versatile.