Best AR Barrel under $400

Got the Faxon out today and I'm really impressed. Only 50 yards, I made a scope adjustment, .2 mils left after the 3 outliers on the rite.
This is a 19 shot group with no real wait time. Settle and squeeze, settle squeeze.
It trended down then left as it got warmer.
No doubt it would shoot 5 touching if I was diligent.
Hornady black 77 grn
20220313_111434.jpg

Hammer123

FNG
Criterion or proof stainless steel are both good options at that price point. Wilson combat aren’t bad either. Or if you can stretch your budget hit up compass lake and get them to spin you a Krieger or bartlein

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Got the Faxon out today and I'm really impressed. Only 50 yards, I made a scope adjustment, .2 mils left after the 3 outliers on the rite.
This is a 19 shot group with no real wait time. Settle and squeeze, settle squeeze.
It trended down then left as it got warmer.
No doubt it would shoot 5 touching if I was diligent.
Hornady black 77 grn
View attachment 390958

I ended up staying in 223 and I ordered that exact same barrel before I even saw your post. So glad I did! Thanks for the range report - looking forward to trying mine out.

Let me know what kind of luck you have with lighter varmint loads. Planning on chucking 55 grain vmax or nosler BTs depending on what it likes more.

I ended up staying in 223 and I ordered that exact same barrel before I even saw your post. So glad I did! Thanks for the range report - looking forward to trying mine out.

Let me know what kind of luck you have with lighter varmint loads. Planning on chucking 55 grain vmax or nosler BTs depending on what it likes more.

This is 20 rounds of 55 grn SP super cheap dented case/tips i got at a gun show long ago.

I think I came up .3 mil while zeroing this group as well.
Id say pretty decent for what I consider junk ammo.
20220313_111529.jpg